• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UNDER THE BED: 1960 Burst discovery [needs authentication, looks legit]

jb_abides

Not sure RE rules about posting links to / information from "the other" forum... have folks taken a gander at the new 1960 burst unveiled over there...?

Short story (classic!) => son and grandson discover burst under the bed of recently departed.

:salude

zhivago

Just saw that one...if it is truly correct...man, they are still out there... :hank

miczap

Surely this is one of the last “under the bed” finds out there...

Still, a boy can dream.

AA00475Bassman

Surely this is one of the last “under the bed” finds out there...

Still, a boy can dream.
And the ones that remain not advertised , not every one is going to stand on the the bell tower screaming look at what I found !!

Trust me I know .......!!!!!

miczap

Thought I'd embed the images from that other place for convenience:

1-png.407476
2-png.407477
3-png.407478
4-png.407479
5-png.407480
6-png.407481

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Very cool, looks legit. Just needs to be checked out and authenticated, not hard to do.

If real, why rush to sell?--maybe the owner would just like to keep it and enjoy the wonderful, unexpected, legacy. Whole different thing to discover something like that from your own Grandad, than find something like that at a flea market--at least, I think so...

jb_abides

Very cool, looks legit. Just needs to be checked out and authenticated, not hard to do.

If real, why rush to sell?--maybe the owner would just like to keep it and enjoy the wonderful, unexpected, legacy. Whole different thing to discover something like that from your own Grandad, than find something like that at a flea market--at least, I think so...

Yes, it would be cool if the one or the other relative kept it, learned to play, and handed it down. :salude

F-Hole

Looks like he's going to get "market" for it. I bid what I thought was very fair, but didn't make the cut.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Do they tell the serial number?

Looks like 0-7400+ , maybe even 0-8000 series. :hmm

Last edited:

Trans-Am

Wow that head stock shape sure is identical to my 60's that I took a picture of in the same angle, just so recognizable:worm

Pots and wiring checked out?:rolleyes

BURSTGANG

That would be like finding a Ferrari 250 GTO in your grandpa's garage.................... wrapped in a blanket!:)

akstrat61

Looks like he's going to get "market" for it. I bid what I thought was very fair, but didn't make the cut.

Did you get a few more more pictures? Care to share those?:hmm

I was actually hoping for Beano! "Look what my Grampa stole, I mean found back in the day!":laugh2:

goldtop0

If you're a guitarist you do her up play it for a while and then whatever you want to do in future.........pretty cool to come across a '60 like this:2cool