• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What Finish Is This?

Logan762

Hey! This is my first post on this forum but I've had this Epiphone Les Paul Standard (sacrilege, I know) for a few years now but have never found an official name for the finish on it. The closest that it seems to look like is Trans Amber or Lemon Burst, but isn't exactly either of those. (Note the horizontal and vertical lines) Does anyone know? Thank you. And it seems to have formatted this strangely, so sorry about that.
20180213_195124.jpg

jbzoso2002

I dont know what they call the color but the clear coat is polyurethane.

The flame maple on the top is a thin veneer, about as thick as a dime.

Also a thin veneer of mahogany on the back.

They make pretty good guitars, I always changed all the electronics
on the epi's that i've had.

Jimmy

This should be in the "Cool non-Gibson guitar" section.

Big Al

Fiinsh=paint. Color & type. No mystery, Trans Amber as a simple check on the Epi site shows.

Wood gain and flame = figure.

Not a "Cool Non Gibson", but rather "Other Gibson", where this belongs.

grimlyflick

Big Al is correct, although in the wrong section of this forum nothing sacrilegious about an Epiphones, I’ve seen many Pro musicians who may be touring on a budget use Epiphones rather than take their usual LPs out.

With a few tweaks they can be fine instruments.

Big Al

Big Al is correct, although in the wrong section of this forum nothing sacrilegious about an Epiphones, I’ve seen many Pro musicians who may be touring on a budget use Epiphones rather than take their usual LPs out.

With a few tweaks they can be fine instruments.

Agreed. It's the player, not the gear. Something too many of us forget.:hank:2cool