• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bonamassa Signature Firebird I?

bizzwriter

They are still working on mine.

Ha ha -- yeah -- my GAS ended up subsiding considerably while I was waiting (and got the word from AMS that sunbursts wouldn't be in stock until Feb 23rd). As a result, I decided to cancel my order and hang onto my Polaris White '63 SG Jr instead. It's all good!

garywright

I can't find where the buttons alone are. They list the push on buttons for the guitar keys but do not offer any plastic keystone buttons that are screw on like the Kluson Bass Banjo Tuners. Do you have to make a special inquiry or am I missing the link?

Hey Al ..if you go back to post #169 and click on the very bottom line the singular kluson buttons for sale will show

TM1

They are still working on mine.

Cliff; Hi! Where did this photo come from? To me it looks like either Kalamazoo in the mid 70's or New Nashville plant. The reason I say this is there's a woman in back with a 3- pickup LP Custom which would not have been the case in the early Sixties in Kalamazoo. Great shot! Thanks for posting!

Amp360

Got mine! Right out of the box the action was way too high at both the bridge & the Nut. The string height at the nut is very uneven with the G, low E and A strings being considerably higher than the others. The bridge height was 7/64" on the Treble side & 10/64" on the bass side. Would be great if I was just going to play slide guitar on it, but.. I wonder why they didn't fade in the black on the back edge like an original? The front has a decent pattern but pretty abrupt on the back.
But right out of the box it's un-playable and I'll have to spend 30-40 minutes setting it up..
i hope everyone else's is setup better..

Mine was almost in tune out of the box. Setup was nice as well.

Cliff Gress

Cliff; Hi! Where did this photo come from? To me it looks like either Kalamazoo in the mid 70's or New Nashville plant. The reason I say this is there's a woman in back with a 3- pickup LP Custom which would not have been the case in the early Sixties in Kalamazoo. Great shot! Thanks for posting!

Off of a Facebook group. Can't remember which now Don.

Elliot Easton

Now Don, you know that with Gibson anything is possible!

renderit

Maybe those are Artesians! The kind women of Artesia building Gibsons Artisan guitfiddles! I have heard of this and I know Artesians well ! I used to gets me drinkin' water from them! Expensive though, but if they as a country have purchased all of these wells what are we to do? We had better have a good envoy to Artesia! I will volunteer. See you later, I needs to fill in me bona-fides...

Arch D. Bunker

Bird has no neck laminations - looks also like it has a shallower headstock angle than the early 60s ones, and left cavity routing peak is pointier like on the anniversary birds. Large headstock on the guitar being worked on by the lady at left? Plus the strange looking inlays of the 3 pup LP - I was thinking 'Artisan' initially, but my bet would be a Custom due to the size of the inlays, with reflections of the pearl blocks caused by the camera's flash.

That would mean mid 70s - but that old gal's outfit and hairstyle had me thinking at first..

Robin B

Mine was almost in tune out of the box. Setup was nice as well.

Mine was like TM1's the action was a mile high and the nut needed cutting way too high at the 1st fret didn't measure the action at the twelfth just took her home and did a set up.

TM1

Bird has no neck laminations - looks also like it has a shallower headstock angle than the early 60s ones, and left cavity routing peak is pointier like on the anniversary birds. Large headstock on the guitar being worked on by the lady at left? Plus the strange looking inlays of the 3 pup LP - I was thinking 'Artisan' initially, but my bet would be a Custom due to the size of the inlays, with reflections of the pearl blocks caused by the camera's flash.

That would mean mid 70s - but that old gal's outfit and hairstyle had me thinking at first..

I'm going to guess and say Mid-70's cause the racks the guitars are in are not the same as the ones used in the 50's & 60's. Those were wood rack then. The woman with the 3-pickup LP in the back looks to have a fancier type block inlay like the Artisan's had.
The Firebird however looks like it has a white finish or some other lighter colour. You can see some reflections in a few spots that only a finished guitar would have, so the laminations would not show in that case.. but the `76 Firebird did not have the 9-ply laminations like most of the Sixties Firebird's had..

TM1

Perhaps. He did nail some solos though.

How could you not?
Elliot= Talent, Berklee School of Music, fellow bandmates with talent that some also graduated from Berklee and a born-in sense of musical hooks/melody + great tone!
Oh.. and he's a nice person..

reidmalips

Greetings! I put a MojoAxe lightweight aged compensated bridge on my 'Bird. Who sells nice studs to compliment the tailpiece?

Last edited:

jhmp

Only ONE PHOTO of a REFINISHED bird in the last three pages of this thread.
Photo's or it didn't happen...