• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

9 1259

F-Hole

Well, who the hell knows these days. Maybe the photo of the one I have is wrong.

Given that I've seen neither guitar in person, I shouldn't be so absolutist about it. Hell, even if I had, I shouldn't be so absolutist about it.

I guess the mystery continues.

F-Hole

Given that I've seen neither guitar in person, I shouldn't be so absolutist about it. Hell, even if I had, I shouldn't be so absolutist about it.

Turns out these were wise words.

A better description, perhaps, is that I was about as wrong a Mr. Wrong from Wrongville. The mystery has been cleared up and it would appear that the guitar the OP posted is the original 9-1259, refinised in Memphis around 1971/2.

There's more to the story, but that's for another time. Apologies to all concerned.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Turns out these were wise words.

A better description, perhaps, is that I was about as wrong a Mr. Wrong from Wrongville. The mystery has been cleared up and it would appear that the guitar the OP posted is the original 9-1259, refinised in Memphis around 1971/2.

There's more to the story, but that's for another time. Apologies to all concerned.

Thanks for getting it straightened out. :salude