• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Honest opinions on Vintage v100PGM Lemondrop

Jon Brook

How many of you have actually played a Vintage v100PGM Lemondrop and what did you honestly think of it?
i know it aint a Lester but would be interested in the opinions of those who have tried one?

Jon

Last edited:

Jon Brook

I am guessing nobody has.. eh well i will bring my upgraded one to the January meet for anyone who wants to ..

renderit

Pikchurs my friend, pikchurs. I am bad wit names, but pikchurs cause synapses...

Jon Brook

Isn't that model loosely based after the Peter Green(Etc) burst?
Yup sure is ... in the middle position with both vols the same and both tone's the same it defo has that nasal sound.
i will be having it upgraded soon with CTS pots , .22 caps switchcraft switch and jack and 50's wiring..

Jon Brook

Yup sure is ... in the middle position with both vols the same and both tone's the same it defo has that nasal sound.
i will be having it upgraded soon with CTS pots , .22 caps switchcraft switch and jack and 50's wiring..

Standard caps in mine are 47'S ... WTF is that about?
would of thought they would correct value in at least ..

Jon Brook

so Lemon Drop has just had the mods- CTS 500K pots .22 black bee caps, switchcraft jack and switch, new wire and vintage wired and a new nut
sounds so much clearer.... :spabout

EpiLP1985

so Lemon Drop has just had the mods- CTS 500K pots .22 black bee caps, switchcraft jack and switch, new wire and vintage wired and a new nut
sounds so much clearer.... :spabout

I did some electrical mods to a Vintage LP model years ago for a gentleman and it seemed to compare admirably to the Epi Standards. The finishes were nice (i.e. not 1/8" of poly like the Epiphones) but overall they had a similar tone.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I had an interesting talk the other day in the Atlanta airport, grabbing a burger. A guy I suspected was a guitarist or singer had an extra seat.
Plays in a fairly major touring rock band supporting a big rock star.
He plays a Vintage Les Paul style and loves it.
He didn't know me from Adam, and he started off ... I just asked if he played [yes] and what he played. He brought up the points he liked about it, basically being a great touring and all around guitar.
[sorry, I didn't get the model, and I prefer not to name him .... :ganz]

zacknorton

The guys in the gene Simmons band all use these. Guitars.

I got the chance to see the ace & gene reunion. The guys with gene’s band sounded way better than ace.

Big Al

The guys in the gene Simmons band all use these. Guitars.

I got the chance to see the ace & gene reunion. The guys with gene’s band sounded way better than ace.

The guy's in the Chuck E Cheeze Band sound better than Ace.

Big Al

mmmmm looks like they have a few on their Artist list.

https://vintageguitarsus.com/artists/

Just like Epi. I checked out a few of the Aged Lemon Drops but saw nothing compelling enough to make me want one. I'm old and still own a bunch of Les Pauls including one very similar.

That said I could easily gig with one and imagine after your upgrades you'll have a great playing/sounding stage worthy guitar. It is silly how well these play considering cost. Definately punching above weight class, like some Epi's, Gretsch Electromatics, PRS SE and Squire to name a few.

Jon Brook

last part .of the upgrade done last night set of BK PG Blues fitted ..now it sounds REALLY good ..

grimlyflick

I’ve tried a few, really shallow necks, almost like an Ibanez Wizard neck.
And sharp fret ends and fretboard edges.

Shame as I quite liked the feel of the finish on the neck. If I ever find myself in the position of needing a beater, I’ll get a 2nd hand Studio.