• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kossoff Up Close

Burst_in2_flames

Couldn't be happier for you, Kris. You are now firmly entrenched in Burst history.

Would love even a brief report on how she plays and sounds.

dleake

Those pictures should show up when you type the word "MOJO" in to Google. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing! :salude

mistersnappy

Thanks for all the pics of the *case*! I'm not sure I've ever seen that kind of treatment here.

T.Allen

There have been some epic acquisitions on this forum over the years. This one ranks RIGHT UP THERE, in my humble opinion!

Melodyman

What Gauge strings are on it and do we know which gauge PK used?
I was fortunate enough to see Free live many times in London before, during and after they hit it. Kossoff went to the same school as my brother in the 60's... King Alfred School in Golders Green..

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Kris,

Do you know where the donor top of the neck came from? Was it crafted by a luthier or was it from another vintage (or more current) Les Paul?

Please tell your daughter for me that she takes wonderful pictures, and give that gorgeous wife of yours a big hug. I think both you and I hit the wife lottery.:jim

J.D.

Kris,

Do you know where the donor top of the neck came from? Was it crafted by a luthier or was it from another vintage (or more current) Les Paul?

Please tell your daughter for me that she takes wonderful pictures, and give that gorgeous wife of yours a big hug. I think both you and I hit the wife lottery.:jim

Assuming there never were Klusons installed due to what appears to be lack of top mounting screw holes, that should narrow it down a bit.

Fried okra

Kris,

Two theories. One the neck was grafted with a scarf repair and the damaged headstock was refurbished by Sam Li. Second theory (more of what I think), Li grafted a scarf joint (obviously) and completely crafted a new headstock, while salvaging the Gibson logo. JD may be on to something with the lack of top holes above the grovers, unless Li filled them in upon repair. I am going to further investigate this as well as measure the Headstock, due to the fact it seems a bit narrower.

I will let Ana know what you said. She really wants to shoot JB sometime while performing. Yes, we scored the winning ticket with our ladies. :salude

MapleFlame

To me, looks like the top was crafted, veneer transferred on to new neck. I see no kluson holes. Ears look petty thick, calipers would give you a good idea. Great repair for sure.

Stoj

Awesome pics - thanks for sharing Kris :salude