• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Wally

I don’t know how much W you need, but the EC twin is a cool and similar amp.

In case you need 80W, just buy a 100W Marshall! :dude:

The EC Twin is based on the 5E8A low power Tweed Twin, which is quite different from the 5F8A Twin. The 5F6A Bassman would be more similar to the 5F8A than any other Fender amp. The Victoria 80212 is a take off on the Fender 5F8A...

http://www.victoriaamp.com/amplifiers-2/

Federico.F

I’m searching for a low wattage amp (14/15) that get a colser sound to the JB’s amp.
Any ideas?

Roman4405

How is it at bedroom volumes? :laugh2:

J/K, unfortunately I have neither the money nor the need for an 80watt Twin, one awesome amp though. I’d love to plug into one and crank it for a while.

Xpensive Wino

There's no substitute for horsepower. :spabout

Amps with a lot of headroom will get very loud before they start to compress/sag, but after they begin to distort, they really don't sound much louder to my ears.

As an example, BB King dimed his high-wattage amps (Twins/Lab Series L5s) and used his pots to control his tone.

Del

tried my friends victoria and his twin it was pretty close so i will be ordering the victoria.
wonder if the speakers in the jb amp will be available to buy here in the uk.from what i have been told that there were quite a few made

Federico.F

tried my friends victoria and his twin it was pretty close so i will be ordering the victoria.
wonder if the speakers in the jb amp will be available to buy here in the uk.from what i have been told that there were quite a few made
Which model of Victoria? And how many Watt? I’m searching for a 15 Watt to play safe in the house.
I have a Bluesbreaker but it’s impossible to play in...

Stow

Which model of Victoria? And how many Watt? I’m searching for a 15 Watt to play safe in the house.
I have a Bluesbreaker but it’s impossible to play in...

5 watts is too loud for a house! This Tweed is a great gig amp, would love one but sold out now..

Federico.F

5 watts is too loud for a house! This Tweed is a great gig amp, would love one but sold out now..
Don’t you think a 15W is better to play in and out on small stages? I saw the Victoria Ivy League with three input max power, -6 db and -10db.
Anyone knows this amp?

Axis39

I use an 80 watt Twin in my house... But, I'm not pushing it into heavy overdrive. Well, and I'm playing in a big room, so I get a bit of dispersion. I will say, the time or two I have cranked it up with my Les Paul, the neighbors experienced some Joe Bonamassa tone (but, no playing like his! LOL)

As Xpensive Wino says, there is NO replacement for displacement! You need the big transformers to get that sound. A 5f6-a Bassman gets you darn close, but there is still a little something missing.

I love my '59 Bassman RI almost as much as my '58 Twin... But the Twin gets a LOT more play time, at home and gigging. I have a 5e3 for the grab an go / small jam thing. But, it is different as well.

On the Rob Robinette sight, he has a design for a low wattage Bassman. It might get you about as close as possible? I dunno, I've never played one.

slimdave

Really? At what kind of places do they let you play 80w amps at break up level? I hardly get my 22w deluxe reverb to break up without pedals at my gigs.

Stow

Don’t you think a 15W is better to play in and out on small stages? I saw the Victoria Ivy League with three input max power, -6 db and -10db.
Anyone knows this amp?

15 watt amp can get lost with a full band thats going hard. In the house I use a....Boss katana.. its perfect for house tones. Even I play just acoustic and its fine. That said I would LOVE this Twin, nothing better than being on stage and looking back at your amp and knowing it can really wail!

Stow

Really? At what kind of places do they let you play 80w amps at break up level? I hardly get my 22w deluxe reverb to break up without pedals at my gigs.

You need to do a few gigs no pedals and DR flat out, takes about 3 gigs to get it down you wont use pedals again, I used to gig Twin Reverb flat out no pedals and had a lovely tone, its all about dynamic and feel

Every gig I play I have amp flat out, I use volume on my guitar.. the hard bit is soundcheck.. when no one is in the room, I just turn up enough to sit in the mix. Then, when gig comes and room is full we use volume dynamics to get it going on

Federico.F

15 watt amp can get lost with a full band thats going hard. In the house I use a....Boss katana.. its perfect for house tones. Even I play just acoustic and its fine. That said I would LOVE this Twin, nothing better than being on stage and looking back at your amp and knowing it can really wail!
Thanks for your considerations, but I’m searching for a similar Joe’s tone, i know that only with his amp is possible but hope to find something similar without high volume and watts.

mr kenny

I’m searching for a low wattage amp (14/15) that get a colser sound to the JB’s amp.
Any ideas?

I played a tweed Bassman for some years. As I got older it got heavier. I had a narrow panel Super clone put together using some older caps, tubes etc. been playing it for 10 years. It' has the familiar tweed tone I hear in a tweed Deluxe, Bassman and Twin. It's 32w, 2-10. 5881's, 4 inputs and 35lbs. it's been just right for my application. I have a Deluxe but it gets drowned out unless miked. The Super is just right.

http://

Axis39

Were you asking me? If so, the serious answer is: only at home... When nobody else is home. :dude:

But, if you read my post, you'll see that I don't play it flat out at gigs. I will say that I tend to run my amp around 4-5 on gigs. Then I ride my guitar's volume knob like a $2 whore. But, I always have, ever since I first messed with fuzz pedals and discovered the joy of 7.

Also, realize that unlike the smaller Fender amps, the 5t6-a and 5f8-a have a smoother, slower volume sweep. They don't go from off to too loud by 2. They don't reach full volume until a little bit past halfway up the volume knob.

My 12 watt Deluxe is usually running darn close to flat out at a gig and sometimes it can't keep up. Goodness knows I have no headroom left at full on band volume.

Federico.F

I played a tweed Bassman for some years. As I got older it got heavier. I had a narrow panel Super clone put together using some older caps, tubes etc. been playing it for 10 years. It' has the familiar tweed tone I hear in a tweed Deluxe, Bassman and Twin. It's 32w, 2-10. 5881's, 4 inputs and 35lbs. it's been just right for my application. I have a Deluxe but it gets drowned out unless miked. The Super is just right.

http://
Thank you mr kenny, i’ll search and try but here in Italy is very difficult to find something like this...

jhmp

Now that they have sold out the introductory run and are actively advertising as a production model, what is the street price?
everybody gets another chance at one...