• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is this kid from Greta Van Fleet playing a Vintage SG/Les Paul?

OldNo.7

It looks like it says "Les Paul" on the truss rod cover, and he's wearing a Chicago Music Exchange t-shirt.

bobbradley

Yes, I believe he is I heard him say he got it from Chicago music excahange on the " let there be talk" podcast.

mingus

. . . and they say the new generation doesn't care about vintage. . .

Good for him!:salude

Pellman73

that band is kicking some sERIious ass right now

I would love to see them live.

Led Zeppelin had a baby and that baby's name is Greta Van Fleet

LONG LIVE ROCK :yah

Cream Fan

Very talented band. The singer has massive pipes. Hope he's had training, so that he won't ruin his voice. I really enjoyed the videos, but was sad to see that all the women in the audience looked annoyed and bored. Not like the old days, that's for sure.

TM1

Love it! He's got that SG/LP going into the Marshall Astoria! I think it's a "Astoria Dual" which is a great amp!! Mostly PTP but uses KT-66's and a GZ34. the KT-66's are "cathode biased". I have one of the "Custom" models! These kick ass and I wish more folks were hip to them as it's a model that needs to stay in the Marshall line.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
... but was sad to see that all the women in the audience looked annoyed and bored. Not like the old days, that's for sure.

You've seen the vintage Zep footage in HTWWW? Same thing.

Cream Fan

You've seen the vintage Zep footage in HTWWW? Same thing.

You know, I DO remember that. I'm also recalling a shot from Hendrix at Woodstock DVD when he's playing the Star Spangled Banner. There's this blonde standing in the audience, not far from the stage, who looks as if she could spit nails, as if she's thinking: "Can we just leave, already?"

RavenTooth

I noticed this too and was very happy to see some awesome vintage gear in young hands. Makes me kind of sad that most of this stuff is in the hands of retirees or locked up in safes. No offense to anyone older but if you're young and serious, get your dream gear now!

DEVILBAT

Love it! He's got that SG/LP going into the Marshall Astoria! I think it's a "Astoria Dual" which is a great amp!! Mostly PTP but uses KT-66's and a GZ34. the KT-66's are "cathode biased". I have one of the "Custom" models! These kick ass and I wish more folks were hip to them as it's a model that needs to stay in the Marshall line.

He's using the Marshall Astoria Custom, a special run with vintage style black tolex, grill cloth and plaque. Killer amp. Looks like Joel from CME sold him that rig; he sold that same amp and recommended that SGLP to me.......lol....good guys at CME...now

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

I love marshall combos would love to play one and check one out , as long as people migrate to these Marshall like Carr & others amps , I would agree with your point the Marshall Astoria could be history . Nice Les paul nice to see the younger artist hip to these guitars .

samsdad

The drummer is unrelated but the vocal and guitar player are twins and bass is younger brother. Got to respect this band for the songs they've created and R&R vibe. Jimmy meets Jimi!

https://youtu.be/1SSyJnXiRh4
This Band Is Played Ofter On Little Stevens Underground Garage On Sirius XM
And the Song was Voted Coolest Song In The World a Few Weeks Back
They Sound Great on The Radio It Reminds me of 45 Years Ago when
Guitar Rock Was on AM Radio These Guys Are Awesome And So very Young
Hopefully they have a long future and look forward to some more o LSUG

rockabilly69

When this thread was first posted I started looking through videos of them that were posted on you tube. And after watching many live videos it seems like the kid singing is hurting his voice. Because I sing daily I'm pretty sensitive to what good vocal health sounds like, and I hear the signs of stress in his voice. He better learn to take care of those pipes before he does irreversible damage to his chords!