• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

True Historic ´59 Bavarian Makeover

hydromedia

I'm totally digging this. The luthier is both talented and passionate and it clearly shows in his work. I wouldn't hesitate to do something like this if I ever manage to snag myself a spare TH! :)

hoss

Sounds great! After Makeover recording is much louder, which can trick the listener's ears.

J T

But your are wearing a different t-shirt. That had to be the difference.

:)

Sounds great! Congrats on owing a piece of history. (At least to us anyway.):salude

El Gringo

Just out of curiosity ,what kind of pots and caps did you use ? The ones from the Custom Shop ? or did you change them out ?

Orreman

Just out of curiosity ,what kind of pots and caps did you use ? The ones from the Custom Shop ? or did you change them out ?

All the pots and caps are the original ones. Haven't changed them out yet and don't know if I will

El Gringo

All the pots and caps are the original ones. Haven't changed them out yet and don't know if I will
Thanks for the info , and I do have to compliment you on your tone and the tone of the guitar .

Hotshot

I just read this entire thread. Holy Moly. I was just looking for aniline dye tips on a studio refining and got sucked into this amazing vortex. What a beautiful display of craftsmanship.

If I'm a Gibson guy, I'm hiring this guy to do the Master True Historic Platinum Player ( insert some more words ) Edition.

Honestly, I am smarter for reading this. Win.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Florian is such a cool guy!!
My wife and I really enjoyed our afternoon visit several years back.
That's his design called a Propeller.

DSCN3962.JPG

And he has this super cool logo. :dude:

jaeger-logo.svg

Reads the same, upside down. :ganz

lare65

Florian is such a cool guy!!
My wife and I really enjoyed our afternoon visit several years back.
That's his design called a Propeller.

DSCN3962.JPG

And he has this super cool logo. :dude:

jaeger-logo.svg

Reads the same, upside down. :ganz

Tom, how was that guitar? Do you still remember?

deadletteroffice

Fascinating thread. It seems documenting his work is almost as much work as his work! But I guess it's like doing his own marketing while he works, so it makes sense.

I have a guitar at HM right now. I'm not going into nearly as much historically correct detail however. But the process is still intriguing.

My purposes are for the Brazilian board and the neck carve. The rest occurring, although important to me that it's done very well, is all superfluous.

But maybe I change my mind once I see the final result.

Nice guitar. Congrats!