• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Now that they have sold out the introductory run and are actively advertising as a production model, what is the street price?
everybody gets another chance at one...

Really? Where? I couldn't find anything on the fender site... :hmm

jhmp

If they have sold out, you have to wonder why there is a full page add in the current vintage guitar issue? Advertisement directs inquiry's to JB's website still.
quite curious
drum roll please

gio

I posted this on other forums as well.

I have had issues with mine. I thought I had tracked it down to a faulty speaker. Brought the amp into a Fender certified and they checked the speakers and they supposedly checked out fine.

Well I got my amp back from the tech and the speaker is STILL a problem.

Here are three videos of the speakers. The first is the amp BEFORE I brought it to the tech. You can hear the buzzing especially at the end of the video when I hold the lower notes.

The next two videos are of each speaker hooked up to another amp. All I did was unplug the speaker cable and hook it up to another amp. Still in the cab. You can hear the same buzzing from the left speaker as in the first video, but no buzz in from the right speaker. I have put another email out to Joe's customer service regarding the issue. I am hoping for just a replacement speaker, but who knows.

On top of it, there is now a sticker on the back panel stating that if I break the seal of this sticker (it would break if I were to take the back panel off) that the warranty is void.

I am just extremely frustrated at this point. The amp sounds fantastic but this speaker buzz thing is driving me nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LBTwtw_2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpDo0ushMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNAe5HL0TA

Wally

gio, that sounds just like the raspy buzz that I heard out of two Celestion V30's in a custom cab a while back. The young player had not noticed it until I pointed it out to him. I shared with him my thoughts on modern Celestions...to which he replied....but everybody is using them. I said that I could not account for what others do but that my ear tells me that I don't have much use for the ones I have heard. He agreed that the other speakers that I let him hear...on his same amp.....were better sounding speakers. OMMV......but I don't use 'em.
I hope you get it lined out.....

Cream Fan

Those speakers in the JB amp are Chinese Celestions. If you want a Celestion with that kind of wattage that is still made in England, get two of the Mesa Boogie Black Shadow speakers, also known as the C-90. Probably the best modern high-wattage speaker made today. The ones in the JB are crap.

thin sissy

gio, that sounds just like the raspy buzz that I heard out of two Celestion V30's in a custom cab a while back. The young player had not noticed it until I pointed it out to him. I shared with him my thoughts on modern Celestions...to which he replied....but everybody is using them. I said that I could not account for what others do but that my ear tells me that I don't have much use for the ones I have heard. He agreed that the other speakers that I let him hear...on his same amp.....were better sounding speakers. OMMV......but I don't use 'em.
I hope you get it lined out.....
Are you guys saying the buzz heard in the videos above is to be expected from modern celestions :hmm ?

drifting '59

Those speakers in the JB amp are Chinese Celestions. If you want a Celestion with that kind of wattage that is still made in England, get two of the Mesa Boogie Black Shadow speakers, also known as the C-90. Probably the best modern high-wattage speaker made today. The ones in the JB are crap.

They're marked made in England

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I've had problems with phantom buzzes in tweed amps that came down to the fact that the back panels are thin and poorly supported and covered with stiff, light stuff. Consequently they can vibrate against the cab. I have a Deluxe that I stuff a folded over piece of paper between the top back panel and the chassis to stop it. Is it possible it's not the speaker but the cab? You could pull the speaker in question and drop it in another cab to see.

Wally

I suppose it is time to enforce a warranty....if only to find out if the speaker is the problem or if there is a cabinet rattle/buzz? ???? OR...you do what many folks do. Ypu either take it to your favorite tech.....and imho if a person is spending that kind of money on an amp, one should have a good tech.....and tell that ech to find out what is wrong. When the tech tells you that it will void the warranty, you say...'I don't care. You are going to be doing my work for me anyway.'

thin sissy

I am saying that I have heard that noise in other modern V30's.
Wow, that's crazy! I've been out of the loop on V30's for years. I used to own 4 in a cab, and they never buzzed (I disliked them for other reasons) :hmm .

Federico.F

Hi guys,
I saw on JB’s site a reserve to buy the amp. Does anyone know if will be a second run?
Thanks to all
Federico

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
I saw on JB’s site a reserve to buy the amp. Does anyone know if will be a second run?
Thanks to all
Federico

It appears that he is taking deposits on pre-orders... Perhaps they're only building the number of amps that are ordered? :hmm

gio

There is going to be a second run. Exact same specs. They should be shipping out in the fall.

WallyWorld

I’m sure it sounds great but with all of the great clone builders out there you might be able to get something very similar for much less coin.