• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
He's on Facebook and posts regularly. That's as good a place as any to contact him.:jim

Pellman73

vasgglozddga9fi5o73d.jpg

yes please. as a young child going all the way back I loved sour lemony things like sour patch kids. I think this has translated into my taste for bursts. the lemoneyer the better!

thats gorgeous.

Pellman73

not sure that one is still avail at emerald city but this 60 is and this video was really great. great great tones

great part at 8:26 when he holds a note that seems like ...you know you could go and have a bite and still be hearing that one-- , looks up with this great expression....

Maxmc

What are those bright red and yellow wires over the pots?
To refinish the guitar all the hardware has been removed including the original wiring. the Red and yellow wires are draw wires used to pull the original wires back into the guitar.

sws1

Like that a lot.........thanks for posting sws:2cool

Is that the Kosta treatment with the double whites do you think?

Didn't think double whites existed in '58. So maybe Kosta or other.

Nick21

Didn't think double whites existed in '58. So maybe Kosta or other.

That’s 8-6098. The PAFs are later double whites. It also had Grover’s and a refret. The story I heard is it was made for someone at the Lifton factory which is why it has the star on the headstock. Matches the logo on a Lifton case.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Ed King’s “Crackhead” is currently for sale at Carter’s.:headbange

asapmaz

I'll ask the same question I asked on the other forum regarding this darkburst?

Why is the font of "MODEL" in the silkscreen different than all other bursts?

Doc Sausage

That ‘60 is gorgeous for sure. I just surpassed $550K equity in my home. I’m torn, homeless with a Burst or keep my lowly Custom with a roof over me ‘ed?:hmm

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I'll ask the same question I asked on the other forum regarding this darkburst?

Why is the font of "MODEL" in the silkscreen different than all other bursts?

There is no headstock showing in the link. Where do you see it?
Please post the photo here, and maybe link to other photos [assuming there are others].

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

That photo is too small for me to see the detail.

Someone else sent me a large version of that photo privately, but no explanation about what's going on and why people are being cagey and silent about the photos and the guitar.
I'll wait for someone to clear up this weirdness before I offer an opinion on the font. :wah