• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 2019 59 60th Brazilian

abracadaben

Lol yea it’s a 60th ;) the COA is specific
IMG_2429-1%20dragged_zpsrswmg7tc.jpeg

Last edited:

Patek

You are very lucky to find such a piece. Extremely rare braz 60th !!!!

many congrats, it is a winner, extremely beautiful and definitely looks the part

jpage1974

Awesome. Who sold it? CME?

QUOTE=abracadaben;2831046]It has the backplate badge yes.[/QUOTE]

jpage1974

I found two dealers who are getting 60th Anniversary Les Pauls with Brazilian.... these have the aged inlays though.... I agreed not to disclose but one took my deposit

LPStrat

I found two dealers who are getting 60th Anniversary Les Pauls with Brazilian.... these have the aged inlays though.... I agreed not to disclose but one took my deposit

I know you can't say who sold it to you. But curious why are you having to stay quiet about where you are getting these? I have a Goldtop on the way myself with a BRW but just wondering why the secrecy?

Zentar

I have a 1957 Harmony Maple archtop with a P13 pickup that has a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. That is why I spent $800 to restore this guitar(paid $50 to buy it). Like most of you I have various other modern guitars with Indian Rosewood. BRW is the darkest Rosewood. It almost looks like Ebony except it has a rougher grain. Indian Rosewood is slightly lighter than Brazilian but Indian Rosewood is still just as prized. Brazilian and Indian Rosewood are simply gorgeous. Both will hold frets in place a hundred years.

BTW Bolivian RW ain't really Rosewood.

jpage1974

The dealers that have them on order aren’t supposed to say anything publicly until they are in stock. It is an agreement with Gibson I believe. I don’t think that they want them “out there” until they are officially released. They will be super limited. I had to do a lot of asking around.

LPStrat

The dealers that have them on order aren’t supposed to say anything publicly until they are in stock. It is an agreement with Gibson I believe. I don’t think that they want them “out there” until they are officially released. They will be super limited. I had to do a lot of asking around.

Thanks

Jaydash

I was just reading about this guitar on the other forum and it does look great, but I'm baffled by the Top Secret nature of it all. What's that all about? Either 60th LPs with Brazilian boards are, or aren't available. FGS Gibson; why does it always have to be two steps forward, one step back (or is it the other way round?) Can we at least talk about a ballpark price for these, because clearly the wood isn't worth thousands and thousands of pounds more... or are people justifiying the extra money because they think it will become collectable?

Last edited:

Patek

I was just reading about this guitar on the other forum and it does look great, but I'm baffled by the Top Secret nature of it all. What's that all about? Either 60th LPs with Brazilian boards are, or aren't available. FGS Gibson; why does it always have to be two steps forward, one step back (or is it the other way round?) Can we at least talk about a ballpark price for these, because clearly the wood isn't worth thousands and thousands of pounds more... or are people justifiying the extra money because they think it will become collectable?

Assuming you are in the UK

my guess is they will get no more than 3 of these (one for peach, one for guitar-guitar, one for Anderson’s) at BEST. Chances are though in all likelihood UK will get zero braz 60th. As far as I am aware they didn’t get any 2018 braz at all regular R9s. Never heard of one for sale. The ones on eBay were imported from the USA

also, if this did come out in the UK (braz 60th) expect an uplift of circa £2k over RRP ie £7500+.

The 60ths in guitar guitar / peach are £5400. If you pay cash they may give you £150 off. The braz would be at least £7500

it is what it is. To add a braz board with the level of choice wood Gibson is using from Bavarian makeover costs more than £2k anyway