• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Xpensive Wino

"Spousal issues"?

I know a cure for those. Costly, and worth every penny. :spabout

akstrat61

Congrats Mike! I should have known.

Maybe a good candidate for hard case with casters?:hank

I see it has Joe's settings for Strats and LP's listed. I'll bet those settings smoke and rattle the walls!:dude::spabout:dude:

Michael, all I can say is that it is a glorious sounding amp. Way more power than I need, but the tone and girth with a quad of 6L6s cooking are amazing! :dude: :hank

It is hernia producing weight-wise and awkward to carry with that leather strap handle. I won’t be moving it around very often. :2cool

IMG_0195.jpg

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Michael, all I can say is that it is a glorious sounding amp. Way more power than I need, but the tone and girth with a quad of 6L6s cooking are amazing! :dude: :hank

It is hernia producing weight-wise and awkward to carry with that leather strap handle. I won’t be moving it around very often. :2cool

IMG_0195.jpg

Congrats Mike... :salude

If you ever get tired of that thing, let me know... :peace2

gio

I am REALLY enjoying the amp.

HOWEVER, mine had a bit of an issue. I started turning the amp up, got it to about 4 (yes I had earplugs in). And I got this rattling sound. Almost like a pulsing rattling/buzzing when hitting low notes on the low e string. So I took the back panels off and tried pressing on things and it wouldn't go away. It seemed to be coming from the left speaker. So I reseated the speaker, hoping that would alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. I decided to try another speaker that I had laying around and... NO bad noise. No rattling/buzzing or anything.

So I am assuming the speaker is bad. Going to have to give Fender or Joe's customer service a call tomorrow regarding the speaker. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise, the amp is absolutely incredible!

alnico59

Curious what Joe's settings are for the Gibson? I couldn't make it out in the pic. Thanks.

gio

Normal volume- 9.5
Bright volume- 9.5
Treble- 9
Bass- 5
Middle- 9
Presence- 9

Plugged into normal input

TM1

I have to disagree with Joe on his choice of Klotz Cables. I bought one of those about 16 years ago and found it to be very dark and muddy compared to the Evidence Audio cables I've used since.
Evidence Audio and Devine Noise are the only two cables I like for un-altered guitar sound. Almost all of the rest act like tone controls..

MalibuKasey

Spent some time today with the JB Twin. The wife and son were out and about. Im pretty sure the folks in the town over could hear it!!

Pellman73

Spent some time today with the JB Twin. The wife and son were out and about. Im pretty sure the folks in the town over could hear it!!

how bad are your ears ringing?

I have a Jim Kelley that I blast when people aren't in the house. My ears ring for the next couple hours

#notsmart

#movingairistheonlyway

Pellman73

I am REALLY enjoying the amp.

HOWEVER, mine had a bit of an issue. I started turning the amp up, got it to about 4 (yes I had earplugs in). And I got this rattling sound. Almost like a pulsing rattling/buzzing when hitting low notes on the low e string. So I took the back panels off and tried pressing on things and it wouldn't go away. It seemed to be coming from the left speaker. So I reseated the speaker, hoping that would alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. I decided to try another speaker that I had laying around and... NO bad noise. No rattling/buzzing or anything.

So I am assuming the speaker is bad. Going to have to give Fender or Joe's customer service a call tomorrow regarding the speaker. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise, the amp is absolutely incredible!

man that sucks. I hate that for you

gio

man that sucks. I hate that for you

Thanks man.

I contacted Joe's customer service and they were going to call Fender to send a replacement speaker. In Fender's warranty information, it states something along the lines that any costs associated with warranty work will be covered by the purchaser. I won't be very happy if I have to pay to send the speaker in! haha.

So hopefully they just send me a replacement speaker and we're done with it!

Pellman73

Thanks man.

I contacted Joe's customer service and they were going to call Fender to send a replacement speaker. In Fender's warranty information, it states something along the lines that any costs associated with warranty work will be covered by the purchaser. I won't be very happy if I have to pay to send the speaker in! haha.

So hopefully they just send me a replacement speaker and we're done with it!

Didn’t it come w tickets and a meet and greet w Joe?

Maybe you can bring it to the show and he can get his tech to fix it.

There are crazier things that have happened.......

Road trip!

ufboy73

Normal volume- 9.5
Bright volume- 9.5
Treble- 9
Bass- 5
Middle- 9
Presence- 9

Plugged into normal input

The weird thing is those are the settings that come on the placard with the amp...but i thought it sounded poor when i tried them..

looked thru some of his youtube rig rundowns and lo and behold his settings on there were radically different (i mean, not even plugged into the normal channel different!). Tried those settings as a base and loved the amp a lot more!

alnico59

The weird thing is those are the settings that come on the placard with the amp...but i thought it sounded poor when i tried them..

looked thru some of his youtube rig rundowns and lo and behold his settings on there were radically different (i mean, not even plugged into the normal channel different!). Tried those settings as a base and loved the amp a lot more!

I don't own the JB Twin. But I tried those settings through the normal channel of my tweed Bassman clone with my LP and was not thrilled with the results. I then switched over to the bright channel, left the presence on 9, brought the treble and mids down to 5, turned off the bass and it was much better. FWIW the normal channel on my amp is pretty dark sounding and I don't think the Weber alnico Sigs are helping things.

Federico.F

Hi to all,
i was interested in it but they didn’t ship to Italy:dang
So is there anyone who can recommend an amp with a similar but less powerful sound?
Thanks to all!!!

Del

Same here no shipping to U.K. so looking for an amp to get as close to the jb fender