• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Amos Signature model?

deytookerjaabs

I'd go meet the dude, but, I just kind of feel like I've met "that dude" enough for one life :laugh2: His other self probably sold us a used Ford Focus at one point.

Stephens

Well, ain't that special. So which are you buying, 500k original? Or 7-10k reissue?

Agreed- Gibson has totally priced me out of ever owning a Korina Flying V. The specs on the Epiphone Amos are pretty good and the wood appears to be of better quality than previous Epiphone offerings.

EFLOW

Epiphones Probuckers 2 and 3 ? Really ?

msp_lol.gif

bizzwriter

I just read about Duncan making exact clones of the original "Amos" pickups, they are supposed to be really different sounding then other HB's of the time. Expensive, but they might push that Epiphone Amos over the top.
Al

Now that's interesting -- got a link? Would love to check out a pair of those...

Big Al

Agreed- Gibson has totally priced me out of ever owning a Korina Flying V. The specs on the Epiphone Amos are pretty good and the wood appears to be of better quality than previous Epiphone offerings.

If the build is like the Firebird I it should be solid, no veneer or neck Spanish scarf joint. I already have Duncan Amos pups ordered.

zombiwoof

Wish I could remember, it was in a recent online version of a guitar Mag like Tone Report or something. They had a story about the development of the pickups, and said there was something very different about those particular HB's. Pretty expensive as I recall.
Al

Now that's interesting -- got a link? Would love to check out a pair of those...

58Lover

Outside of a darker finish, how is this different from the earlier models???

My earlier model (1st run, notice the missing rubber strip)... I put in Gibby pups, electronics and hardware... still less expensive than the Amos...
22528516_180213632540569_2766432148122188851_n.jpg

22540146_180213635873902_6848683048638210438_n.jpg

Big Al

Outside of a darker finish, how is this different from the earlier models???

My earlier model (1st run, notice the missing rubber strip)... I put in Gibby pups, electronics and hardware... still less expensive than the Amos...
22528516_180213632540569_2766432148122188851_n.jpg

22540146_180213635873902_6848683048638210438_n.jpg

Yours isn't Korina. Yours has a multi laminate butcher block Asian Sen wood body capped with veneers. Yours has a maple neck with the upper headstock part grafted to the neck with a scarf joint and a much smaller tenon. That's some of it.

58Lover

:2cool True that, but it looks to me like Epi's is a veneer as well.

Big Al

:2cool True that, but it looks to me like Epi's is a veneer as well.

I know the current 58 LTD is, but the Amos looks to be two piece center seam solid Korina with a korina neck. When my pal Bob and I compared my Epi Bonamassa FB I to his Gibson we were surprised by how well built the Epi was. I'm hoping the Amos will be as good. The thick poly finish is a drag though. I prefer the lighter color, like yours but I understand matching the original Amos darker tint.

I'd love a matching Explorer.

Stephens

If the build is like the Firebird I it should be solid, no veneer or neck Spanish scarf joint. I already have Duncan Amos pups ordered.

I couldn't be happier with the build quality of my Firebird. It rings like a bell and plays effortlessly. I haven't even changed the ProBucker Firebird pickup. I've got the Amos on order (thanks to my wife for the generous birthday gift). I'll put it through the paces and determine if the ProBuckers on the Amos meet my needs.

Really looking forward to rocking out on this V!🤘

EFLOW

Nice Gibson copy ...

The new 2018 Gibson aged cherry Vee is a pure beauty and it sound so hot !

productphoto_59c4c604-cb1c-41.JPG

Big Al

I couldn't be happier with the build quality of my Firebird. It rings like a bell and plays effortlessly. I haven't even changed the ProBucker Firebird pickup. I've got the Amos on order (thanks to my wife for the generous birthday gift). I'll put it through the paces and determine if the ProBuckers on the Amos meet my needs.

Really looking forward to rocking out on this V!🤘

Isn't it just excellent! Mine is 100% stock and nothing needs changing, the bridge and pickup are great. I ordered a couple of Duncan Amos sets, gold and nickle. I have both previous sets of Bonamassa pickups and they are amazingly authentic sounding.

Stephens

Isn't it just excellent! Mine is 100% stock and nothing needs changing, the bridge and pickup are great. I ordered a couple of Duncan Amos sets, gold and nickle. I have both previous sets of Bonamassa pickups and they are amazingly authentic sounding.

Big Al- you're a bad influence ; )

Now you got me thinking more and more on getting the Amos pickups (just to have on hand).

rockabilly69

Yours isn't Korina. Yours has a multi laminate butcher block Asian Sen wood body capped with veneers. Yours has a maple neck with the upper headstock part grafted to the neck with a scarf joint and a much smaller tenon. That's some of it.

According to a thread on the gear page, one of the members their talked to one of the guys at Epiphone and he said the Amos is also multipiece with a veneer with same construction as the older Epi V korina reissues. I sure would like to know the truth here.

Then on the AMS website the AMS special edition Epi '58 reissues says Korina solid wood in the description of the warm tone of Korina blurb and the specs, and the picture of the neck doesn't show a scarf joint:) The 58 reissue has a 1960 d profile while the Amos is showing medium '59 C profile. The '58 reissue doesn't come with a hard case, and also has 3 ply pickguard and output jack plate as opposed to the AMOS 4 ply. The Amos also has CTS electronics, deep set neck joint, raised logo, Blackwood fingerboard, AMOS trussrod cover, and some cool case candy. So the Amos looks like a decent upgrade compared to the next best Epi V reissue (if the wood is really solid as stated and not butcher block). Just add good pickups and rock out!

Check the specs....

58 reissue.... https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EGV2-ANGH3
Amos.... https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EDJB-ANGH3