• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Gil Yaron Burst

Pellman73

I'm in love... again

I have one of these already but saw this one and couldn't let it go. Now these are the only les pauls I have! kind of funny... Works of playable art. This one is just perfect to me... and I love the braz board. To me a les paul just looks right with a dark braz board.

Just as lovely as can be! wife is home so I couldn't really play it loud enough but from what I could play thru my Mercury V even with the attenuator its really special

"its too loud"

don't they know with the attenuator on that you can't say that?

anyhow

I encourage any of you who have a shot at one to do your best to get one. Or two if you are a greedy hoarder like me.

I am now down to just a few guitars. I feel absolutely no GAS right now.... I wonder how long that will last.

http://

barman

Beautiful. Congrats for this beauty.
Action seems super low in an extreme way though.

marshall1987

Nice!

I like the neck and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. That's the hardest part of a replica Les Paul to get right. A great Les Paul will have a buttery smooth neck that just begs to be played. :dude:

Pellman73

Nice!

I like the neck and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. That's the hardest part of a replica Les Paul to get right. A great Les Paul will have a buttery smooth neck that just begs to be played. :dude:

thanks man!

:salude

Pellman73

Beautiful. Congrats for this beauty.
Action seems super low in an extreme way though.

I did need to give a little more neck relief on it by loosening the truss rod--- maybe the trip from texas to here

I do like low action-- its pretty good now.

I like it just past buzzing but high enough that I can bend and its pretty damn good now

barman

I did need to give a little more neck relief on it by loosening the truss rod--- maybe the trip from texas to here

I do like low action-- its pretty good now.

I like it just past buzzing but high enough that I can bend and its pretty damn good now

:salude Enjoy.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Phwoar! I have only ever heard good things about these guitars, I am envious of you. You realise that two is borderline greedy :peace2

Pellman73

Mini Forklift Ⓥ;2815880 said:
Phwoar! I have only ever heard good things about these guitars, I am envious of you. You realise that two is borderline greedy :peace2

its very greedy!

Oh and I weighed her last night— 8lbs 2oz !

And if you held one in your hands and played one you’d see what I mean

Have you ever seen the thread he did on his build?

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/1959-les-paul-build.194271/

pretty amazing.....

Mars Hall

Beautiful guitar! My GY is the closest thing to having a real Burst that I'll ever get.

RocknRollShakeUp

Stunning! I like his original quasi Les Paul design quite a lot too.
You don't have to answer, but his replicas say Yaron on the headstock right? I'm just wondering I'm not looking to start any trouble. :)

Pellman73

You don't have to answer, but his replicas say Yaron on the headstock right? I'm just wondering I'm not looking to start any trouble. :)

this is what they look like!!

One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

Last edited:

Pellman73

yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something

jimeh77

Gratz. I saw this one on gbase and not end up pulling the trigger since I just got my Yaron broadcaster and ES-335 last week.

How this one compared with your first one?

renderit

Hate you again bro! Throw it to me when you tire of it. It is SUPER UGLY by the way.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
this is what they look like!!

One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

I wonder if he will get a "cease and desist" message from the Les Paul estate, like we got [for using that font]? :hmm

zombiwoof

yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something

Gibson did that lighter wood core thing on the LP Lite models from some years ago, they had a "Chromyte" center wood, which turned out to be Balsa. Those guitars kind of flopped, but I think the idea is good. Gibson loves to make up their own names for wood, Chromyte for balsa, Korina for African Limba (that name actually stuck). I think it's better than an empty chamber in the body.
Al