• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2018 Brazilian Gibson Les Paul Thread

madformac

I understand and not to sound like I am bragging or justifying my good will, because it is irrelevant and yes I can always do more. This is the LPF and we are all about LPs here.

Kris you don't need to justify anything. Many members here give time and money to charitable causes and many do so without mentioning it. It's not the first time samsdad has thrown a turd in the punchbowl on this forum as I recall (some members here I keep a note on from previous threads).

samsdad, If somebody is in the fortunate position of being able to pay 10K for a Historic or 300K+ for a Burst then the choice is that of one person alone. Throwing your toys out of the pram over the state of the world on a guitar forum does come across as rather self indulgent.

This forum is about Les Pauls and this sub forum specifically Custom and Historic. No need to for anybody to have to feel the need to justify posts about the instruments in question or their prices etc.

Fried okra

Kris you don't need to justify anything. Many members here give time and money to charitable causes and many do so without mentioning it. It's not the first time samsdad has thrown a turd in the punchbowl on this forum as I recall (some members here I keep a note on from previous threads).

This forum is about Les Pauls and this sub forum specifically Custom and Historic. No need to for anybody to have to feel the need to justify posts about the instruments in question or their prices etc.

Thanks, as I replaced it with another picture. :salude

samsdad

samsdad, If somebody is in the fortunate position of being able to pay 10K for a Historic or 300K+ for a Burst then the choice is that of one person alone. Throwing your toys out of the pram over the state of the world on a guitar forum does come across as rather self indulgent.

Its Not That At All
Im Not Trying to Throw A Turd at Anybody
This Forum Seems To Be More Show Off Area
and cater to Well Off People with Lots Of Money
And You Like to show off your guitars like new Toys when we wren kids?
Who really Cares? Mine Is nicer or better than yours!Big Deal is that what it is really about
Well I am Disabled And Homeless And Its a Very Tough Life
Its Not The Point That If you have the money Your allowed to buy what ever you want
The Whole thing is Why Are you doing it when there are so many people in need of help and support the forgotten Majority
At this point in time and Showing off your expensive guitar And That you Have Many More
Seems Shallow to me But If you think thats the wrong way to look at it Thats Fine
Many of you have lots of them either vintage or reissue or both the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
You can't Take them with you All i Am saying Is There are a lot of people in need
Thousands of us more that have fallen on Very hard times And Are just Hanging on barely getting by
If you want to keep a record of what i say go ahead Mr Trump You Cant Fire Me
Im Not A Liar and don't tell tales I'm there in reality living without shelter or income
and going to a free public service for internet because I'm down on my luck
Ihave a love for guitars so think as you wish I'm just hanging on
and my prospects are not very good when your on hard times no one seems to care
but if you have a burst than its a big deal and nice going it only cost you a quarter of a million dollars
then your a good guy if your down and out nothing but silence because nobody wants to hear that
and it is ignored i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means

Fried okra

Its Not That At All
Who really Cares? Mine Is nicer or better than yours!Big Deal is that what it is really about
Its Not The Point That If you have the money Your allowed to buy what ever you want
The Whole thing is Why Are you doing it when there are so many people in need of help and support the forgotten Majority
At this point in time and Showing off your expensive guitar And That you Have Many More
Seems Shallow to me But If you think thats the wrong way to look at it Thats Fine
Many of you have lots of them either vintage or reissue or both the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
You can't Take them with you All i Am saying Is There are a lot of people in need
Thousands of us more that have fallen on Very hard times And Are just Hanging on barely getting by
Im Not A Liar and don't tell tales I'm there in reality living without shelter or income
but if you have a burst than its a big deal and nice going it only cost you a quarter of a million dollars
then your a good guy if your down and out nothing but silence because nobody wants to hear that
and it is ignored i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means

if you start a go fund me account and explain your hardship on the go fund me page. I for one would donate. I hate to see any fellow man down on their luck, and if a small monetary nudge can help, we’ll, I’ll help. :salude

Its Not That At All

Tell this story to the fortune 500 companies sucking everyone dry or your dirty politicians who are on the take not some hard working people who made the right choices in life to be able to afford them....my whole family served and retired military and they LOVE my True Historic Les Paul's....your barking up the wrong tree pal.

madformac

Its Not That At All

Let me ask you a question. How do you know many of the people who post here are wealthy?

Have you considered those who post pictures of these guitars might actually do it for the benefit of all of us so we can see the beauty in these instruments?

Many here, myself included, work regular jobs and work very hard for average pay. Life isn't equal, rule number 1. Hard work doesn't always pay off. If I earned more I would buy more guitars but I would also give more to others and look after charities, my local community and my friends better financially. Unfortunately my choice of profession means long hours and average pay. What you don't find is me complaining about it. The work I do ultimately is my choice, I find it rewarding and I help others.

It's also my choice to come here and celebrate wonderful Gibson guitars. I would rather our members share them than stick them in a vault, the joy is in sharing.

Somebody somewhere will ultimately buy the Les Pauls Gibson produce (well maybe not all the models...)

What you see as showing off I see as sharing the pleasure of our passion. There are many here that don't even own a Gibson and aspire to one but they show their joy at these instruments in their posts.

I don't want to keep a record of what you say. I just recall some previous comments you have made on threads were inflammatory without a specific trigger. I understand your frustration but you have no factual evidence how our members lead their lives or how much they donate to charity and to make wild comments without fact seems to me disrespectful. No offence intended.

madformac

if you start a go fund me account and explain your hardship on the go fund me page. I for one would donate. I hate to see any fellow man down on their luck, and if a small monetary nudge can help, we’ll, I’ll help. :salude

As would I.

Maxmc

Did I miss something? Has some of this thread been deleted? What's this about turd throwing. I've always been told that you can't polish a turd but you can try rolling it in glitter.:peace2

ourmaninthenorth

i will just look and not post because here Because its not proper to be without means

Keep coming, keep talking.

I don't think much of your narrative to be honest, but I'll defend your right to say your piece.

Take it as easy as you can.

:salude

samsdad

Keep coming, keep talking.

I don't think much of your narrative to be honest, but I'll defend your right to say your piece.

Take it as easy as you can.

:salude
Thankyou for all the Remarks
I am just a simple person
Who has fell on very hard times and lost the home I built
30 years ago because of my disability i can't ever work again
Im not looking for any handouts or charity my mind is overwhelmed
and I'm Honestly scared i lost everything that was important to me
So now day to day i try to survive one day at a time
No matter what i say here it gets ripped apart and thats sad
My interest in guitars is going on over 50 years now
So when i get access to the Internet i look around it takes the
Weight of my shoulders for a while happiness is hard to find
When you have sunk this low a very different way of living
Good luck to all of you i have said my peace there
are a lot of us out there to proud to be in the gutter
but there is not much choice when society has
thrown you away and you have become an outcast
In this World we live in which can be Very Cruel

ourmaninthenorth

Thankyou for all the Remarks
I am just a simple person
Who has fell on very hard times and lost the home I built
30 years ago because of my disability i can't ever work again
Im not looking for any handouts or charity my mind is overwhelmed
and I'm Honestly scared i lost everything that was important to me
So now day to day i try to survive one day at a time
No matter what i say here it gets ripped apart and thats sad
My interest in guitars is going on over 50 years now
So when i get access to the Internet i look around it takes the
Weight of my shoulders for a while happiness is hard to find
When you have sunk this low a very different way of living
Good luck to all of you i have said my peace there
are a lot of us out there to proud to be in the gutter
but there is not much choice when society has
thrown you away and you have become an outcast
In this World we live in which can be Very Cruel

I understand.

Trust me.

Stay here, keep talking or failing that keep reading.

No-one's coming after you here, I'll stand with you if they do, we'll fight em together....I'm confident it won't happen...there are men of soul all around and about in this very place. However, not a single one of them to my knowledge is a mind reader, no one knows the shit each of us is having to live with, until we're told what's happening.

Stay cool.

Paul.

J T

Brazilian_Burst.jpg

Oh WOW! Absolutely beautiful!

Man that is sweet!

Dreadnaught

8857D949-BF00-45B9-AE38-39BFE132CBE8.jpg

Not Sure why that came out so small and sideways. Uploaded from my phone. Wildwood