• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My pandemic version of Hey Joe....

57Strat777

Hi guys - I hope you are all safe and healthy!

I was messing around the other day and tuned down a 1/2 step, which I haven't done in many years. I was amazed at how much looser the guitar feels. I think tuning down a 1/2 step is a critical part of Jimi's tone/sound. I am really loving it! If you have time, please check out my impromptu recording of Hey Joe at the below link.

If you don't have a DropBox account, just close out the log-in box and click play
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23hq2aljoieixlb/hey_joe_sunburst_strat.mp3?dl=0

bluesroom

Hey nice job! Really like how you started it out, and how you made it you own. Nice tone what were you using ?

Texas Blues

Hi guys - I hope you are all safe and healthy!

I was messing around the other day and tuned down a 1/2 step, which I haven't done in many years. I was amazed at how much looser the guitar feels. I think tuning down a 1/2 step is a critical part of Jimi's tone/sound. I am really loving it! If you have time, please check out my impromptu recording of Hey Joe at the below link.

If you don't have a DropBox account, just close out the log-in box and click play
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23hq2aljoieixlb/hey_joe_sunburst_strat.mp3?dl=0

I dug the shit out of that!

Well done senor.

Very well done.

On another note.

For the last 20 years.

I've tuned down 1/2 step.

For vox reasons.

57Strat777

Hey nice job! Really like how you started it out, and how you made it you own. Nice tone what were you using ?

Thank you! I am using a 1991 Strat Plus (Lindy Fralin PUs) plugged straight into a Carr Mercury V.

Doc Sausage

I envisioned the 78 year old Jimi (think about that!) sitting in his room under lockdown doing that. Nice job. Inspired me to bust out the Strat.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
That's the stuff! It really captures the late-period Hendrix vibe, when he would use his hits as springboards to go crazy during the solo. :dude::dude::dude:

goldtop0

That's great ........reminded me of Tony Joe White when he toured here years ago........one man one strat sound.........well played:2cool

MapleFlame

Love it, simply awesome. I do the same with this song, improvise the heck out of it.

57Strat777

That was fun to listen to. I'll never reach your skill level.

Thanks so much! I got sick about 6 years ago and was pretty much confined to my house for several years. I was going nuts from boredom and one day I pulled my old guitar from the closet and started banging on it. I hadn't played much since the 90's. I was having the time of my life playing that guitar and before long I was practicing 3-6 hours per day. So after 6 years of 3-6 hours per day practice I have made some great progress. The wonderful thing about playing the guitar is there is always more to learn.

57Strat777

I see the world famous MapleFlame dropped in. Thank you for your kind words sir! Love your mod BTW!

Doc Sausage

I see the world famous MapleFlame dropped in. Thank you for your kind words sir! Love your mod BTW!

How’s it hangin’, fiddy seven? I see you haven’t succumbed to a virus or ‘axe’ wielding protesters yet! :dude:

57Strat777

How’s it hangin’, fiddy seven? I see you haven’t succumbed to a virus or ‘axe’ wielding protesters yet! :dude:

Howdy Doc! We're doing good! We've been living a normal life pretty much.....going to the gym and restaurants, taking our neighbor's dog to the park, hanging out with friends. We still don't know a single person with the virus. I picked up a new guitar, the Fender American Original 50's Tele. It's basically a 52 reissue with a 9.5 radius. What a sweet guitar. So lively! Lots of fun to play.

What's going on with you, Doc? I hope all is well!