• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Official CS-356 and 336 Registry (post your pics here)

jb_abides

:salude
Don't want to over "hype" my guitar, as I had a recent thread about it, but this is the Official Registry, after all, so I'll take this opportunity add my new ebony CS-336.

3364.jpg
336ears2.jpg

No hype - all black is badazz :salude

clayville

Wow! I sure didn't! Good catch.

Pretty interesting idea -- a bit like flipping the plate on a Tele for easier pinky volume swells.

GotTheSilver

Check this out. I've never seen a goldtop CS-336 before, other than the Kiefer model. This is apparently a one-off made before the Kiefer model. It's currently on eBay (I'm not affilitiated with the auction in any way, I posted the link in the Baywatch section). It looks really nice.

GT336_1.jpg

GT336_2.jpg

GT336_3.jpg

GT336_4.jpg

GT336_5.jpg

max6

i've got some pics of my 336 i'd like to post, but can't work out how... could someone help me out? (sorry if this question has been asked a million times before). my pics haven't got a url (as far as i know), they're on my hard drive - just can't work out how to copy them from my hard drive to this forum

mmcquain

i've got some pics of my 336 i'd like to post, but can't work out how... could someone help me out? (sorry if this question has been asked a million times before). my pics haven't got a url (as far as i know), they're on my hard drive - just can't work out how to copy them from my hard drive to this forum
You need to get them "hosted" (put on a web server) some place so they "have a URL" since the forum posting is really just pointing to the pictures on some other web server (i.e., the forum server doesn't actually hold the pic, just the link to it).

Anyway, there are some free hosting sites (do a Google search for photo or picture hosting). Flickr and some others seem to be popular.

In the meantime, if you email me the pics I can host a few for you on my own web server and I'll send you the URL so you can then post the pics in any forum threads you'd like. Please note that my email won't take really big messages so you may want to send the pics in separate emails (or maybe do 2 pics per email).

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

max6

thanks a lot mmcquain, think i've got it sorted now. here's my 2007 figured CS-336. I've been meaning to post pics for a while, since it was from this forum that i got a lot of useful info/opinions on the guitar before deciding to buy it. i'm delighted with it, my only quibble being that mine seems to take a while to stay in tune, having tuned it. hope you like it...

336003.jpg

336002-1.jpg

336005.jpg

mmcquain

That is a great looking guitar... congrats!!
As for the "stay in tune" thing, I've had similar problems with mine sometimes when I take it from home to church. At first I thought it might be the nut binding but I've had that checked. I think it is just the difference in temperature and my 356 seems to be very picky about that and tuning. Oh well, they are great guitars anyway!

C-4

thanks a lot mmcquain, think i've got it sorted now. here's my 2007 figured CS-336. I've been meaning to post pics for a while, since it was from this forum that i got a lot of useful info/opinions on the guitar before deciding to buy it. i'm delighted with it, my only quibble being that mine seems to take a while to stay in tune, having tuned it. hope you like it...

336003.jpg

336002-1.jpg

336005.jpg

Nice color and top wood. It looks kind of as a Brockburst!
Did it come stock with that CS 356 pickguard?

I've had two CS 336's, both cherry with great tops and one had a 30 thousandths over neck from a run by Wildwood.

As for CS 356's, I've had four: two cherry ones, one being with a 30 over neck, one of the 40 produced from that bursted special ED Wilson run for Wildwood with a 59 neck profile, and finally the keeper and best sounding of them all, the first blonde with a 59 neck profile.

teddy boy

Gents,

Sorry, still haven't posted a pic of my Wildwood burst 356! A.S.A.P. I promise.

Anyways, anybody swapped pickups on their 356? What did you swap for? And why?

max6

Thanks C-2, yeah I love the finish and the flame in particular, though the pics don't do either of them justice! No I bought the pickguard off ebay before I even received the guitar. I don't know why they're not stock, though, they look so much better than the plain black ones.

You don't seem to have posted any pics of your blonde...

mmcquain

Gents, Sorry, still haven't posted a pic of my Wildwood burst 356! A.S.A.P. I promise. Anyways, anybody swapped pickups on their 356? What did you swap for? And why?
Please do post those pics... I'm waiting to see how your Wildwood looks compared to mine.

Nope, never swapped the pups as I love the Classic 57's just the way they are.

C-4

You don't seem to have posted any pics of your blonde...

Here is the shot from Wildwood. Since I don't own a camera that is worth a shit, I have not taken pictures of my other guitars, but I have included one with the first Calton case which was built specifically for these guitars. The top is exceptionally 3-D and truly amazing, compared to the other CS336's and 356's I have owned, and they had great tops. However, it's the tone that made me decide to keep this particular one. Way beyond my other CS's.
gb_356_cs30284_top.jpg

gibson356_1.jpg

max6

Very nice guitar C-4. I saw Wildwood had a new run of natural 356's like that early this year which I had my eye on, but didn't/don't have the cash... I want to track down a framus mayfield and see how it compares to my 336 - they have a very similar look (I think the Framus is a little bigger)

C-4

Thank you guys for the compliments.
Yes, I saw most of the entire run of the new blonde CS-356's Wildwood had, but they have a standard slim 60's neck profile, whereas mine has a '59 neck profile.

LostDog

So finally I found some time to make some pictures of CS60799, my 2006 vintage sunburst CS-336:

DSC_0170-1.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

Hope you like her as much as I do...

clayville

Real nice shots with the shallow depth of field focus going on...
:dude:

slidejules

My god there are some sexy guitars in this thread. I'm a sucker for 336s, I love mine so much it hurts. I'm 5"10' and this is just the perfect guitar for me. Lighter than my LP, smaller than the 335, it's spot on. :)

ealing_alstuart_1.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

Am I the only one to take the scratchplate off tho'?

cya,

Jules

ps I bought mine used at the back end of 2005. The serial number is C820664 - I have no idea what year that equates to though! Anyone know?

clayville

My 356 is from a special run done for Music Machine's Stinger series in 2003 -- quilt top, stinger on the back of the headstock. It came with the pickguard in the case pocket, giving me the option of installing it or not. I didn't, and haven't... so no holes as yet, and very little evidence in the finish indicating that I should have despite five years of almost daily (if careful) use.

Couch2.jpg

On your serial number, the nomenclature I'm familiar with has these serials starting with CS, with the first number after designating the year and then the numbers after being the sequential numbers of that model from that year... so if your '8' is actually an 'S', then yours is the 664th made in 2002. And it's a beauty!
:salude

Last edited: