• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Gil Yaron Burst

Pellman73

Gratz. I saw this one on gbase and not end up pulling the trigger since I just got my Yaron broadcaster and ES-335 last week.

How this one compared with your first one?

you got a Yaron broadcaster AND a 335 last week? I saw one of the 335's up somewhere

please tell me about those!! man the 335s must be really rare no?

So right now I don't have the other one to A/B as I did something really dumb and tried to repair a ding I made in in it.

From what I can tell its very similar in sound and the feel to play (the neck profile on these is just exactly what I like. I think the 1st fret is just a shade under .9 and the shoulders are just right.

cosmetically I think the back is a little lighter on this one and while this is more of an ice tea the other is a dirty lemon. Together they make a nice arnold palmer!

Pellman73

I wonder if he will get a "cease and desist" message from the Les Paul estate, like we got [for using that font]? :hmm

hey tom-

I'd imagine so if he was still making these. It was a pretty short run back in 2010-12 and I'm fairly certain he doesn't do em any more.

renderit

haha---yea I can barely stand to look at it. a real eyesore!

Its got that dishy thing going on too....

WA??? THE TOP IS BROKE! IT IS WARPED! Must be sent to me immediately for destroying! I NEVER!

RocknRollShakeUp

this is what they look like!!

One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

Love it, it looks great. :dude::jim

RocknRollShakeUp

yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something

That's good to know about his good customer service!

I think the Bone is filled with Paulownia wood or Empress wood as it is also called. If it is Paulownia/Empress I think he's brilliant to do that. I actually have a very light G&L made out of Empress wood and I love it. Very light and it sounds fantastic. So yeah the whole mahogany shell with paulownia wood inside is really intriguing!

Oh wait, check this out:

Anyway, congratulations on your Yaron Les Paul, amazing! And...man oh man...that Bone is also giving me a major Boner!

Pellman73

That's good to know about his good customer service!

I think the Bone is filled with Paulownia wood or Empress wood as it is also called. If it is Paulownia/Empress I think he's brilliant to do that. I actually have a very light G&L made out of Empress wood and I love it. Very light and it sounds fantastic. So yeah the whole mahogany shell with paulownia wood inside is really intriguing!

Oh wait, check this out:

Anyway, congratulations on your Yaron Les Paul, amazing! And...man oh man...that Bone is also giving me a major Boner!

yes I've seen that one-- really cool video-- yes my understanding is its paulownia

those air gap pickups are really intriguing too.

and thank you!

AA00475Bassman

AqLLhJi.jpg
[/IMG] Heres some Gibson Chromyte She's ultra light !

AA00475Bassman

You mean that's one of the "lite" series guitars with the balsa ("Chromyte") cores?. I thought they only did it to LP's.
Al
This was Henry's brain storm , figured maple top ,sides ,back maple neck ebony board balsa core ,

Pellman73

Ok I just got to really play it-- wife not in house

I've got a Carr Mercury V that I just love and was playing thru that

I do believe its the best les paul type guitar I've every played and maybe the best guitar I've ever played.

It sounds incredible in all three positions

the "hotness" of both pickups is just great-- just the right amount I think

the bridge is just angry enough but not harsh. but you can definitely melt faces if you want to. its happy at 7 and angry enough-- but go to 10 and you'll be in a range where there is some feedback but pinch harmonics and all that billy gibbons stuff is there (if you are him I guess!)

the neck is Duane solo blue sky--- (I think thats neck no?)

the sustain is incredible, the feel of the neck and every thing

I felt like a freakin rock star with it.

I think it might be better than the other one... but I need to get that other one back to tell for sure.

man I'm just kind of gobsmacked by it

jimeh77

Mine got more bassy and airy on neck pickup compared to my CCs. I wonder if you experience the same.

Ok I just got to really play it-- wife not in house

I've got a Carr Mercury V that I just love and was playing thru that

I do believe its the best les paul type guitar I've every played and maybe the best guitar I've ever played.

It sounds incredible in all three positions

the "hotness" of both pickups is just great-- just the right amount I think

the bridge is just angry enough but not harsh. but you can definitely melt faces if you want to. its happy at 7 and angry enough-- but go to 10 and you'll be in a range where there is some feedback but pinch harmonics and all that billy gibbons stuff is there (if you are him I guess!)

the neck is Duane solo blue sky--- (I think thats neck no?)

the sustain is incredible, the feel of the neck and every thing

I felt like a freakin rock star with it.

I think it might be better than the other one... but I need to get that other one back to tell for sure.

man I'm just kind of gobsmacked by it

Pellman73

this is one bloomy, sparkly, technicolor (if sounds were colors) live ass guitar

I feel a little bit like I just bought a ferrari and I don't know how to drive well enough to handle it

or I just jumped on Secretariat or some shit

I feel like waynes world bowing to it that I'm not worthy

I'm actually a little intimidated by it as weird as that sounds

Its a bit like cheating. everything sounds good.