• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Gibson Slash Collection 2020

lvidal

So, as expected (who didn't expect that?) Gibson has announced not one, but several Slash models including two J-45.
The Les Pauls are all USA Models. The owners of the limited USA AFD maybe will not be very happy with that Appetite Burst since
this one is much more similar to the real thing. Thanks Gibson for moving the Slash's skull drawing to the back of the headstock.
The Vermillion Burst is really the particular one, but the November Burst maybe my personal favorite.

Slash211.jpg Slash Appetite.jpg Slash Vermillon.jpg Slash November.jpg

Here's more information: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/namm-2020-gibson-unveils-the-slash-collection

And here are better photos: https://www.guitariste.com/articles/gibson-slash-collection,5688,1.html

Trans-Am

Hmmmm:hmm IMHO they are not as nice as the first run signature Slash model from the early 90's really. This run maybe well be the last and final overrated take. Remains to be seen where this ends up as the market is full of this signature overpriced hiked up bit here and there push.:spabout

lvidal

If I'm not wrong the only 90's Les Paul Model was the Snakepit one from '96. Since then the next model was the 2004 Tobacco with piezo pickups. Then 2008, 2010, 2013, 2017, 2018 and 2019 had Slash models. From those (Les Pauls):

• 2004 - Dark Tobacco Plain Top - Custom Shop
  • 2008 - Tobacco - Gibson USA
  • 2008 - '87 Cherry Sunburst 3-piece Plain Top - Custom Shop
  • 2008 - '87 Cherry Sunburst 3-piece Plain Top VOS Tom Murphy Aged - Custom Shop
  • 2008 - Goldtop - Gibson USA
  • 2010 - AFD - Gibson USA
  • 2010 - AFD VOS - Custom Shop
  • 2010 - AFD VOS Aged - Custom Shop
  • 2013 - Rosso Corsa - Gibson USA
  • 2013 - Vermillion - Gibson USA
  • 2017 - Anaconda Burst Flame Top - Custom Shop
  • 2017 - Anaconda Burst Plain Top - Custom Shop
  • 2017 - Anaconda Burst AA Flame Top - Gibson USA
  • 2017 - First Standard - Custom Shop
  • 2017 - First Standard Aged - Custom Shop
  • 2018 - Brazilian Dream - Custom Shop

Hmmmm:hmm IMHO they are not as nice as the first run signature Slash model from the early 90's really. This run maybe well be the last and final overrated take. Remains to be seen where this ends up as the market is full of this signature overpriced hiked up bit here and there push.:spabout

Trans-Am

I meant in general there after up until say late 2010's. Although there was one in 1990's Custom with if I am not mistaken only 4 units made by Gibson Custom Shop. So again with the series of follow ups, they Gibson perfected it more it seems adding more better woods and what not overall and paint model schemes. The replica by Chris Derrig is the tit's of 'em all really.:peace2

jrgtr42

Wonder what the pricing on these is going to be?
Guessing none of them will be in the range for us poor weekend warriors...legends in our own living room.

Don't I remember a Slash sig from the late 90s or so with a snake inlaid / painted across the whole body?

JMatch

Wonder what the pricing on these is going to be?
Guessing none of them will be in the range for us poor weekend warriors...legends in our own living room.

Don't I remember a Slash sig from the late 90s or so with a snake inlaid / painted across the whole body?

I've seen them listed online at American retailers at $3k, $500 more than the American Original series. In one of the NAMM interviews with Cesar Gueikian, he said that Slash was quite a perfectionist about getting the guitars and pickups just right. Seems like a good deal given the custom pickups.

I'd like to know if these Slash models have the long neck tenon. Anyone know?

lvidal

Yes, Indeed, they are priced ay $2,999 and You can buy them directly from the Gibson website.

Don't count on the long tenon (the way the tenon are done in recent years I don't think that's relevant anymore, if it really was relevant at some point).

These are basically 50's Standards with AAA tops, custom pickups and the Slash skully on the back and the goodies. Great deal for a special limited model.

Minibucker

I like the that these are more 'affordable' versions based on the USA Standard with different finishes, and I also like that the Slash 'branding' is on the rear so one could dress this up as a vintage-styled Standard if they wished and not have extra graphics on the front like with those goofy 2015 models (no offense to anyone who has one). Not so sure about the markup though, even with the pickups...but then again I kind of think all Gibson's are a bit overpriced. Some of the bourbon/tobacco bursts in particular I think are nice.

sunburst

What happened to the pickups? Gibson used to put Seymour Duncans in all of the Slash signature models.

Skindakota

Does anyone know the output of the new slash pickups? I heard that the neck was 8.8k and the bridge was 8.5k. I haven't seen any specs regarding the output of these new pickups to confirm this.

4string

"Victoria" Gold Top just added to the line. Supposedly named after a woman involved in the theft of some of his guitars in the late 1990's. The original Gold Top in question was never recovered.

lvidal

"Victoria" Gold Top just added to the line. Supposedly named after a woman involved in the theft of some of his guitars in the late 1990's. The original Gold Top in question was never recovered.

I was wondering about the origins of the name. Where did you get that? :hmm