• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nickel Hardware added to my Traditional!

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I don't remember what size these conversion bushings were. I had them laying around. Since this thread, I've stripped, re-carved and refinished the top!
19984231_441102639622466_3853800319918014464_n.jpg

AndyMan

Les Paul Forum Member, Classic Club
Holy crap that's a killer update!! Wow! That top rivals most historics!

AndyMan

Cool!

Still no headstock shots after the new tuners? I measured mine and it would need the 10.5mm conversion bushings. But there is a dull area under the stock washer that would probably show up if I installed the conversion bushings. Not sure it's worth it - but, the stock tuners really do suck!

RayTorvalds

Holy smokes. That is some upgrade, wow !
She looks amazing. I prefer nickel too and it looks great, but damn.... that top !! That is just perfection for me :bug
Now can you recarve and refinish my guitar too, please ? Pretty please ?

Thank you for sharing. Long may you enjoy her in good health :peace2

AndyMan

Thanks for the pic. I can see the imprints, but overall it looks kinda vintage. And, I bet the tuning pegs work better than the junk that came with the guitar!?

dcdefend

Earlier I posted some photos of my 2014 Traditional in which I also exchanged the chrome parts for nickel, as Wilko, has done. I mentioned that I was going to send it to Historic Makeovers. I did and they: replaced the fretboard to get rid of the 120 Anniversary inlay, refinished the guitar in a darker shade and changed the serial # stamp to an inked on version, the SN remained the same. Here are a few photos of the finished guitar.

My goal was to have a Les Paul similar in appearance to the Hot Lanta guitar of Duane Allman.
LPTrad1.jpgLPTrad2.jpgLPTrad3.jpgLPTrad4.jpgLPTrad5.jpg

Last edited: