• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replica Les Pauls show em!!

solderjunkie

That is killer Solderjunkie! More pics please.

dGWXXmh.jpg

UrB798F.jpg

8pdBmnW.jpg

Last edited:

JJ Blair

Heres Frances, the Frankenburst, as has been pictured in another thread. Built by Roman Rist from a stash of old growth wood, and using one of the original Max templates, from when they used to work together. I gave him a '61 SG fretboard, with frets still intact, and the truss rod and holly veneer off a broken '59 LP Special carcass, that was beyond salvaging. PAFs, every screw, piece of metal or piece of plastic is '59 correct, except for the rings, which are Bartlett. I accumulated all the parts over many years from many sources. I did the finish myself. The cherry is currently more brown / ice tea. Plays and sounds amazing. It's my weekly gig guitar.

QyStj9K.jpg

fwOKeOj.jpg

NG9KdKK.jpg

CoOlcat

A 1998 Orville Les Paul Standard, does this count as a replica? i love this guitar, it's such a joy to play!
4Gbggd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's what I found inside...what a mess!
vWQl7Mv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
lEujb2I.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I bought NOS CTS pots and used Sprague Orange Drops, used braided shielded cloth wire, it's all nice and clean back to specs. As far as I know Orville didn't use push/pull pots as shown in the previous pics, so whoever did this didn't even have the p/p pot hooked up correctly.
EZjNHWr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
L0pW8n4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Heres Frances, the Frankenburst, as has been pictured in another thread. Built by Roman Rist from a stash of old growth wood, and using one of the original Max templates, from when they used to work together. I gave him a '61 SG fretboard, with frets still intact, and the truss rod and holly veneer off a broken '59 LP Special carcass, that was beyond salvaging. PAFs, every screw, piece of metal or piece of plastic is '59 correct, except for the rings, which are Bartlett. I accumulated all the parts over many years from many sources. I did the finish myself. The cherry is currently more brown / ice tea. Plays and sounds amazing. It's my weekly gig guitar.

QyStj9K.jpg

fwOKeOj.jpg

NG9KdKK.jpg

Woah, just glancing through and saw that fretboard thinking "that doesn't look right" as in...that looks about right.

Good job.

MapleFlame

QyStj9K.jpg

fwOKeOj.jpg

NG9KdKK.jpg

Nice fiddle

fakejake

QyStj9K.jpg

I love the strap!! Is that a vintage one?

JJ Blair

Woah, just glancing through and saw that fretboard thinking "that doesn't look right" as in...that looks about right.

Good job.

I bought a '61 SG neck that had both the headstock and the body broken off. Feels just right, too. It has that weird thing that my '53 conversion has, where the trapezoids have become a little translucent.

deytookerjaabs

I bought a '61 SG neck that had both the headstock and the body broken off. Feels just right, too. It has that weird thing that my '53 conversion has, where the trapezoids have become a little translucent.

Is that it? I never looked too close, always assumed that bit of brown was just from all the cigarettes :##

JJ Blair

Waited almost 8 years for this one, a replica of a Derrig replica - thanks to Jim at Scumback for making this finally happen!

Wait, you know what happens when you make a copy of a copy, right?

kErMKw52xqIsbJxhcKgOt4rzOfW.jpg

BTW, my friend owned the Derrig one serial numbers after Slash's. Really not a great guitar. I was shocked. He traded it for a conversion.