• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Microdoses of LSD

corpse

Heard about this on the news today- to treat chronic depression.
I suffer from regular non-cyclic, periodic, I-do-something-effed-up-and-it-bums-me-out depression (the result of having a conscience).
They tried this in the late 60's for all types of mental issues- schizophrenia, psychosis, and depression. A guy named Bill Wilson tried it, and it had sporadic success, and ultimately decided to deal with it himself- don't know what his ultimate feeling was on the subject, but he stopped taking LSD.
I am grateful I do not suffer from depression- people who have tried this treatment claim tremendous results.
Now this is not "eat this sugar cube" doses- this is micro doses.
I worry about the "if one is good, ten must be better" crowd. And little of this is made in a tightly controlled lab- the experiments have all been of the home-spun variety.
This kind of weirded me out- on the Today show this am...

Texas Blues

Tune in, turn on, and drop out or so said Timothy Leary.

I won't lie.

I've done LSD and to be honest I thought it was wonderful.

Like going on vacation to some daliesque foreign land but not leaving the house.

If it can help someone mentally then why the hell not?

Certainly the FDA has put their stamp of approval on much more harmful drugs than lysergic acid diethylamide.

Salute'.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
This kind of weirded me out- on the Today show this am...

Was the segment on micro-dosing a micro-aggression?
smiley_emoticon.gif

chasenblues

A guy named Bill Wilson tried it, and it had sporadic success, and ultimately decided to deal with it himself- don't know what his ultimate feeling was on the subject, but he stopped taking LSD.

Having done a little reading about this,My interpretation of it is Bill W took acid trying to see if it would help and or speed up the “spiritual awakening”(Or moment of clarity for some) process of/for people who were having problems getting there or having one.

I don't think he took it initially for his depression, Even though it may have helped him for a short while.

Just my .02c though.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I've tried it & it changed my outlook on life.
No, wait- that was MACROdoses. My bad

oldog

I would be wary. While I have taken LSD and found it quite enjoyable. I know of three instances where people with undiagnosed mental issues took it with disastrous results to their sanity. LSD seems to be an amplifier for underlying mental problems, at least in what was once considered normal dosing.

garywright

"white dude gave me sometum talkin 'bout I'm gonna be trippin ...I ain't goin nowhere without my luggage ! " Richard Pryor :hee

ourmaninthenorth

Always been a bit suspicious of the spiritual experience brigade in AA...personally speaking, before I got any sort of spiritual awakening, I got a whole fookin bunch of rude awakenings....

S a m

LSD gives people who are in sound mental health a chance to temporarily experience psychosis, then stop.

I short-circuit that process by stopping before it starts.

garywright

remember kids, just 'cause it may have a cartoon of mickey mouse, it's still a drug :dance

deytookerjaabs

One of my regrets from college was always having a scheduling conflict that kept me from taking the course on the psychological effects of mind altering drugs, oh well. Maybe I'll go back one day!

Cliff Gress

One of my regrets from college was always having a scheduling conflict that kept me from taking the course on the psychological effects of mind altering drugs, oh well. Maybe I'll go back one day!

What college did you go to?!!! I tripped many times in the 60s/70s but can't say that I had an epiphanies or gained greater personal realization because of the drug. It was just fun when I was on it. Loved the rush.

chasenblues

Well the cases/situations may not be typical for a lot of the people that have taken it and these guys may have had issues before even using it. But look at what it did to Syd Barrette,Peter Green,Jeremy Spencer,Skip Spence,possibly Roky Erickson to name just a few.

deytookerjaabs

What college did you go to?!!! I tripped many times in the 60s/70s but can't say that I had an epiphanies or gained greater personal realization because of the drug. It was just fun when I was on it. Loved the rush.

Psychedelic Mindview, once an honors-only seminar about psychedelic drugs, now is being offered to all NIU students starting this fall.
LSD, marijuana, ecstasy, ayahuasca, DXM and peyote are among the many drugs discussed in Psychedelic Mindview.
Roberts has taught the class since 1979 and said he hopes to teach students that psychedelic drugs have beneficial uses as well as dangers.
The class requires a higher level of thinking, Roberts said, and students will run across new ideas. The biggest challenge for students is entering the class with very little knowledge about psychedelic drugs besides what they were taught in the D.A.R.E. program, Roberts said.

Yeah, I missed out on it! :dang

Monroe

I would be wary. While I have taken LSD and found it quite enjoyable. I know of three instances where people with undiagnosed mental issues took it with disastrous results to their sanity. LSD seems to be an amplifier for underlying mental problems, at least in what was once considered normal dosing.

This. It's just too unpredictable. I had an old HS buddy that did it once in his mid-20s, and even though it was a mild dose (far less than it would take to actually trip) he changed almost immediately (and permanently) from a well spoken, intellegent, social butterfly into a dark, quiet, antisocial recluse. He's been in and out of institutions and on various meds ever since. I never did it since then.