• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The ultimate turd for the JB/CD collection...a 59 burst!

brandtkronholm

Name: Pudding (or Puddin’)

Because the proof of the Pudding is under that red finish!

(Maybe?)

:)

Maxmc

i-9qxh4Rs-X3.jpg
Does this answer the question about the serial number? Actually I think in this case, if the number is lost, it's probably irrelevant.

KOTR

The headstock break could use a more competent repair, but I'm sure you guys will do right by this guitar. Great save!:salude

What are the details of the headstock break? Did Kim & crew rework it's repair?

T.Allen

That is moving right along! This guitar is going to be stunning! :salude

J.D.

Not a criticism but curiosity. Why did you opt to fade without red sunburst "shadows" under the parts?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
What are the details of the headstock break? Did Kim & crew rework it's repair?

Looked way worse than it was when Mingus saw it. It had some nails in it. They came right out. Minor break...not an issue now.:jim

i-RMXT2GW-L.jpg

fernieite

Wow!!! Kim and the crew have done a fantastic job - and quick too! :dude: No turd here...

mingus

Looked way worse than it was when Mingus saw it. It had some nails in it. They came right out. Minor break...not an issue now.:jim

That's putting it mildly! It looked pretty abused and left-for-dead when I saw it and now its well on its way to being a stunner.

Great job on the resurrection to all involved. :salude

The Resurrection Burst? :hmm

fakejake

Serios question out of curiosity: That refin process was really quick. Is that actually the time it took to finish LPs in the 50ies? I thought that lacquer finishes are very time intensive due to the repeated spraying, drying and buffing?
How many layers did Lazarus get, and how many were done originally on bursts?
:salude

Doc Sausage

Living in California now, turds are a common subject. Especially if you’re talking about San Francisco. I vote for, “Francisco the Turd.” Or just ‘ Frisco.’ But it hardly looks that way now. Nice!