• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Grace under fire....

AA00475Bassman

You two can do this Paul my thoughts will be staying positive & we are with you !

Brian Krashpad

Dammit Paul. My best to you and your better half.

I feckin' hate cancer, having been through-- sorta. My jaw's been rebuilt after falling apart due to radiotherapy, and a few nights ago I woke up due to inability to breathe (THAT's always fun), all the surgeries have greatly restricted my airway.

But as I'm sure you realise, every day above ground is a good day. Take care. Prayers said and mojo sent, for what it's worth.

xo

VGNut

Middle of the night here in Chicago, I awoke and pulled my trusty iPad off the nightstand as reading puts me back to sleep (black background of the LPF helps with night reads). The first thing I see is your Thread up top again and had to dig in... My Heart sunk and I feel sick to hear what you are both going to have to go through again. Tears in my eyes starting now as well... Can't begin to imagine the emotions you both have now, but please stay strong and fight the good fight, as many many MANY Thoughts and Prayers are heading your way as I close this iPad now and have a Long LONG talk with God about this... I probably will not be back to sleep > small price to pay compared to your weeks ahead. She WILL be cured once and for all this time and please both stay STRONG though the Process... God Bless x 1000

rob livesey

Best wishes to you both Paul. Audrey is a tough cookie.

If there is anything, absolutely anything I can do, even just contact, just text/phone me.

Sending positive vibes as always,

Rob.

Jim W

In our thoughts, and prayers that she will win the battle are with you and her.

ourmaninthenorth

Lads, your kindness on an on-going basis does you all enormous credit. I'm saving the comments to show The Girl whilst she's in the Chemo Suite tomorrow, you'll really cheer her up...I guarantee it.

Thanks Men.

So very sorry to read this.

Positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Be strong.

Your offer of a free PRS is gratefully received, however even Audrey feels obliged to turn it down. :laugh2:

Thanks JD.

My thoughts are with you both.

Stay strong.

Cheers Mat. You're a good Lad.

Such a strong lady and good husband!
I wish you the very best results!! :salude

Nicely said Tom. Hope you're all well?

My thoughts are with you.

And they are gratefully received, thank you Pal.

My thoughts and prayers are flowing to your wife and to you. Peace.

Thanks a lot Mike, truly.

Bless you man..

I feel blessed brother...

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

Thank you kindly Friend.

Back in it again. ugh!

Sending good karma your way.

:59gibson

:jim

I feel the Karma Jim, did you get ours back at yer?

Thoughts with you both and Prayers incoming from Nebraska...

And recieved, thanks Tubes.

You two can do this Paul my thoughts will be staying positive & we are with you !

A perfect Gentleman as per usual Vic, thanks my Mate.

...And Texas. :jim

Got it Ed, man we could do with some of your big skies at the moment..

Dammit Paul. My best to you and your better half.

I feckin' hate cancer, having been through-- sorta. My jaw's been rebuilt after falling apart due to radiotherapy, and a few nights ago I woke up due to inability to breathe (THAT's always fun), all the surgeries have greatly restricted my airway.

But as I'm sure you realise, every day above ground is a good day. Take care. Prayers said and mojo sent, for what it's worth.

xo

I hear you loud and clear Brian. Stay cool Mate. Breathing is always a good idea I find...

Very sorry to read this. Sending good thoughts to you and Audrey.

Got 'em Cliff, thanks Pal.

Middle of the night here in Chicago, I awoke and pulled my trusty iPad off the nightstand as reading puts me back to sleep (black background of the LPF helps with night reads). The first thing I see is your Thread up top again and had to dig in... My Heart sunk and I feel sick to hear what you are both going to have to go through again. Tears in my eyes starting now as well... Can't begin to imagine the emotions you both have now, but please stay strong and fight the good fight, as many many MANY Thoughts and Prayers are heading your way as I close this iPad now and have a Long LONG talk with God about this... I probably will not be back to sleep > small price to pay compared to your weeks ahead. She WILL be cured once and for all this time and please both stay STRONG though the Process... God Bless x 1000

VG, It's our wedding anniversary on Monday, the 8th ( I think...:laugh2:) twenty odd years together, 19 of em married. This Lady doesn't know how lucky she's been...I was considered a catch you know...:ha. My turn to scrap for her. The honour my friend is all mine. I'll never stop while there's fighting to be done.

Best wishes to you both Paul. Audrey is a tough cookie.

If there is anything, absolutely anything I can do, even just contact, just text/phone me.

Sending positive vibes as always,

Rob.

Rob, I wouldn't hesitate Mate. Thanks Pal.

In our thoughts, and prayers that she will win the battle are with you and her.

Jim, that's so kind. Thank you Mate.

CoyotesGator

We’re standing next to you with much prayers and love.

Anytime you feel like bending my ear Brother Paul, I’m here.

corpse

Missed seeing you two this week- back in the colonies.
I pray for you two - see there- just did again.
You have to check this CBD re helping with the nausea. I am hearing personnel stories face to face from folks who are using it and at least getting some respite from the side effects. Sadly they remove all the fun stuff but the medical aspects seem to be there. If you can’t get it there- well you know...

rob livesey

You have to check this CBD re helping with the nausea. I am hearing personnel stories face to face from folks who are using it and at least getting some respite from the side effects. Sadly they remove all the fun stuff but the medical aspects seem to be there. If you can’t get it there- well you know...

That is a great idea.

Clearing out my Mum’s stuff from her nursing home I found a bottle of this. I thought WTF had my Mum got this for? So I did a bit of research and had the courage to try a few drops under my tongue when I had a headache. It worked amazingly well and I also slept like a baby afterwards.

If you can’t seem to find it Paul, I have a small bottle here you can have.

Rob

Jeff West

Paul- Notwithstanding other fine suggestions here, I hope you’re able to have quality mindful times each day together, to experience fully being together just as it is each day.

There is much evidence that this adds value to life and living it, even during most challenging times.

Jeff

BrandonH

I haven't been on here in a while. I saw several email updates from the forum about this thread, which brought me back to check.

She seems like a fighter, but all my prayers are with you, man.

ourmaninthenorth

We’re standing next to you with much prayers and love.

Anytime you feel like bending my ear Brother Paul, I’m here.

Thanks so much my Mate. Although I can make a good morning last 3 1/2 hours...I think the word is verbose...:laugh2:

The Absolute Best !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you kindly Pal.

Can't tell you how pissed off the pair of Us were to have to give it a swerve this time. Next time for bloody sure. But I did get to eat your share of cake, so there was that.

Luckily the nausea is a side effect that's causing the least problem, small mercy if there is such a thing in this chemo dodge.

That is a great idea.

Clearing out my Mum’s stuff from her nursing home I found a bottle of this. I thought WTF had my Mum got this for? So I did a bit of research and had the courage to try a few drops under my tongue when I had a headache. It worked amazingly well and I also slept like a baby afterwards.

If you can’t seem to find it Paul, I have a small bottle here you can have.

Rob

Thanks for that Rob, although Audrey doesn't need it at this point ( see above ). One of the real side effects that's causing the problems is fatigue, it hits her like a brick wall, and she just has to stop...literally. Usually when I'm mid sentence...there can't be a connection...can there..??? :laugh2::laugh2:

Paul- Notwithstanding other fine suggestions here, I hope you’re able to have quality mindful times each day together, to experience fully being together just as it is each day.

There is much evidence that this adds value to life and living it, even during most challenging times.

Jeff

We're as thick as thieves Jeff, those non-verbal moments together are something else, life affirmingly so. The challenges are external, our responses are a summation of the internal things we both bring as individuals. We are definitely stronger as a unit.

Today's our Wedding Anniversary. I bought her a new cordless drill.....I know, I spoil her bloody rotten.

I haven't been on here in a while. I saw several email updates from the forum about this thread, which brought me back to check.

She seems like a fighter, but all my prayers are with you, man.

Cheers Brandon, appreciate you coming in.

I've never seen such formidable gentleness in the face of a raging storm. This Lady stands.

I'm as mad as a cut snake personally, marginally more raging than the storm.

I think I'm helping...:ha

renderit

Sorry to hear that man. I had hoped we were over that.

Prayers said.

Awaiting answers.

ourmaninthenorth

Sorry to hear that man. I had hoped we were over that.

Prayers said.

Awaiting answers.

Thanks Ren.

A kick in the balls for sure, we soldier on regardless.

Hope all's well with your crew?

Easy does it Mate. :biggrin:

renderit

Not a good summer for sure.

But I keep with it and pray for the best.

Give the Missus a hug for me.

Make it two. One for my Missus as well.