• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

10 Years.

ourmaninthenorth

I've been a member of this Forum for 10 years today.

I'll soon be eligible for parole, on the grounds of good behaviour.

I came here thinking I knew plenty, imagine quickly realising that a lot of members had forgotten more than the sum of my knowledge.

Thanks for the lessons, the laughs, and the lorry loads of guitars that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to play.

Thanks for putting Greeny in my hands - there won't be another moment like that for me personally. The circle completed, everything I love about this game condensed into one moment. Bliss.

Thanks for having the class to share your guitars and your knowledge, your triumphs and disasters. Saving the database resource here was so incredibly important, those that went into bat to do it - well, consider my hat tipped. Bravo.

Above all, thanks to every single one of you that has the bottle to say what's on your mind in any given situation. We may be just a bunch of disparate strangers on the interweb, but we're a bunch of strangers that seem to hang pretty well together.

I remain a pupil, a bloody noisy one at times, but a pupil nonetheless.

Here the obligatory shot of Greeny...I'm almost smiling in the picture - I won't tell anyone if you don't...

bkfoKir.jpg

Stay cool Lads.

:salude:salude:salude:salude

corpse

The expression is called delight sublime.
The way a woman feels when she sneaks a really expensive pair of shoes into the house.

AA00475Bassman

Cool photo what a experience Paul , really a great place to be on this Forum .

Nice Cornell !

Big Al

I've always enjoyed your perspective, insight and passion. Like to think of you as a mate and kindred spirit. Keep on keepin' on, brother and thank you, you know, for bringing it here.:hank:hank:hank:hank:salude

ourmaninthenorth

Congrats on 10 years! I too have held Greeny , it was cosmic!

Cheers Steve...cosmic is a perfect description. :salude

The expression is called delight sublime.
The way a woman feels when she sneaks a really expensive pair of shoes into the house.

Audrey in the past has put them on an amp, and dared me to make a comment....I've always thought it best to give it a swerve...:hee

Cool photo what a experience Paul , really a great place to be on this Forum .

Nice Cornell !

Couldn't agree more Victor, cheers Pal :peace2

I've always enjoyed your perspective, insight and passion. Like to think of you as a mate and kindred spirit. Keep on keepin' on, brother and thank you, you know, for bringing it here.:hank:hank:hank:hank:salude

It's a rare honour to be in the same crew as you Al, truly.

Mates? unreservedly so. Forged out of the same Smithy I reckon. :2cool

Do they have a 10 year badge at Les Paul Forum?

Cheers Pat. :biggrin:

J T

Congrats! :salude

Ten years already?

There's the Greeney shot!

Maybe one day you might actually learn how to play one.

ourmaninthenorth

Congrats! :salude

Ten years already?

There's the Greeney shot!

Maybe one day you might actually learn how to play one.

Sounds like a lot of work that JT...I think I'll just stick to holding 'em.....:hee

zhivago

Congrats, and here's to 10 more, and then 10 more after that!

I have always enjoyed your posts. :salude

renderit

WTF! (Because Biggimus Allosaurus MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY!)

You weren't required to wear that big stinking ankle tracker?

Damn!

I was halfway to
Canadia and they zapped my azz!

Now that you gave them the "Wow! How happy I am being here!" story you think they will let you off with time served?

How much of the time did you have to serve?

I had to serve lunch and dinner to both Slubman and Daughtry for the last three.

That or the 'pit' they said!

That's OK. We will plan what we plan.

I still have my plan.

In the 'butterfly' sense.

I'll send it over to your cell under the mashed 'taters next week.

Be careful. That ain't gravy...

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

I believe our esteemed member “Stock Hippy” was an artist ..perhaps he could design one :hmm
ps ..happy 10 :salude

Cheers Gary :salude

10 fine years! :salude

Thanks Tom :biggrin:

Congrats, and here's to 10 more, and then 10 more after that!

I have always enjoyed your posts. :salude

Thanks Pal. :peace2

WTF! (Because Biggimus Allosaurus MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY!)

You weren't required to wear that big stinking ankle tracker?

Damn!

I was halfway to
Canadia and they zapped my azz!

Now that you gave them the "Wow! How happy I am being here!" story you think they will let you off with time served?

How much of the time did you have to serve?

I had to serve lunch and dinner to both Slubman and Daughtry for the last three.

That or the 'pit' they said!

That's OK. We will plan what we plan.

I still have my plan.

In the 'butterfly' sense.

I'll send it over to your cell under the mashed 'taters next week.

Be careful. That ain't gravy...

Don't worry Ren, I've got a very cunning plan....

Tuck your shirt in and don't tell em your name.

the-great-escape-war-movie-9.jpg

Those decades start to fly by after awhile, don't they?

Don't they just Jeff. :2cool

Triburst

Don't get cocky, rookie.

:teeth

Seriously, I remember the day you posted that great shot of you and Greeny. Seems like yesterday! Happy 10th!

ourmaninthenorth

Don't get cocky, rookie.

:teeth

Seriously, I remember the day you posted that great shot of you and Greeny. Seems like yesterday! Happy 10th!

I try to post that picture at least once a week, it's me only claim to bloody fame....:laugh2::laugh2:

:biggrin::salude

zoommutt

Happy 10th! The regret I have to not have gone to that guitar show where a few of you got to handle Greeny. :dang
The guitar that got me interested in Les Pauls.

ourmaninthenorth

Happy 10th! The regret I have to not have gone to that guitar show where a few of you got to handle Greeny. :dang
The guitar that got me interested in Les Pauls.

Thanks a lot Pal. :salude

I was at that very show, but it isn't where I played Greeny.

I went to the show because I'd convinced myself that it was my first and only chance to see Greeny in England before it went across the Atlantic, forever. I heard the circus master of a custodian playing it on stage, but wasn't that interested in joining the queue to have my picture taken with it. I felt like it was being ponced around like a bearded lady, by the then custodian.

Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks later, when I got a text from me mate...ad verbatum..." I've got Greeny, see you in a bit..."

It transpires that it's circus days were over, and a number of un-named geezers, members here, had set about rescuing it's reputation.

An hour later...I got a couple of hours playing my favourite guitar. It was this guitar, played by it's eponymous owner that I heard on the radio in 1970 as a bit of a kid, that started this odyssey - I trace my interest in guitars to that unformed point, and is what I mean when I say it's a circle completed.

I'm not even a bit player in Greeny's history, but it's played more than a bit part in mine. :biggrin::biggrin:

sws1

I just checked. I've been around for almost 18 years. How is that possible? (I think I took a break for long time though.)

Congrats on your decade Paul.