• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Amos Signature model?

Stephens

Just checked out Joe's instagram page and saw he posted pics and a video of an Amos prototype:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUcpAX0Fbaz/

With Epiphone doing a bunch of new signature models this year, I can only speculate they will be releasing this later in the year. If it's anything like the Firebird signature model, I'm sure it will be great. 🤘

Big Al

I would hope it has the off bias grain matching the V effect at the center line and matching one piece neck, not maple with spanish headstock joint.

Zoomer

that looks killer - I wonder if it's real korina - I love the case !!

bizzwriter

18645850_1048536131914239_472127359504351232_n.jpg

TM1

It'll be interesting to find out if it's solid woods or laminates. I know on the regular Epi V's they used a number of pieces of wood and a veneer over the top and back. I hope it's solid, two piece body and a one piece neck. If it's made as well as my JB Firebird, it could be next..

Big Al

It'll be interesting to find out if it's solid woods or laminates. I know on the regular Epi V's they used a number of pieces of wood and a veneer over the top and back. I hope it's solid, two piece body and a one piece neck. If it's made as well as my JB Firebird, it could be next..

I feel ya, Don. That Firebird is just a killer good guitar. Kudo's to brother Joe for making it happen.

Amp360

Looks kind of cool but I don't like the three screw truss rod cover or the stenciled case but I understand why they did it that way. Will the grain go on the bias?

I have a JB FB that I refinished but unless this one has some features I don't know about I would probably just get an Epi reissue V which they already make. Not really in the market though.

Bob Womack

For years I've noticed that Gibson guitars reproduced by Epiphone seemed to always be delivered with medium frets even when the originals had medium-jumbo or jumbo frets. As a fan of jumbo frets I'm usually less than comfortable with that. I'd be reticent to buy one without playing it first.

Bob

Thundermtn

I'm ready to play one. Whoever they have building their sig. guitars now are doing a nice job. My Brent Hinds sig. Epi. V is a really nice guitar regardless of price. I like it more than my '00 Gibson V. The Amos looks nice and has my favorite control layout for a V.

HI-TONE

Hey Joe,
Will these have a Mahogany or Korina neck or the maple like the earlier Epi's?
thank you if you reply.

Evolv3r

Just heard today from a dealer that they are starting to take pre-orders for these. The price I was told was $899 with a Feb 2018 release date but I assume both are subject to change.

58Lover

Nothing against Joe, he be a monster....but can anyone tell me why this is different from the recent issues of Vs? I know the pickguard, truss rod cover finish and neck materials are different, but really... what makes it so different?

Thundermtn

It's a working man's CC in V form. I don't think Gibson offers a rosewood board on any V now, and this control layout is the most friendly for me.

Big Al

Hey Joe,
Will these have a Mahogany or Korina neck or the maple like the earlier Epi's?
thank you if you reply.

None were Korina, (White Limba), bodies. Butcher block mystery wood with some kind of veneer.