• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

Capt Brad

You know, Scott, I've always found beauty in every Les Paul. I just don't find I need a particular flame type or specific hue or color to catch my eye. I have often wondered why some seem so repulsed by dumb ass hang ups about color, figure, era or any other anal fixation that prevents one from simply enjoying a beautiful guitar.

I read that over and over and I think I'm starting to get it. All the best!

RNELEE

Damn, AL...I heard your slide for the 1st time and it was flat out inspirational. Cancer is the worst. Just Get Better!!!!!!!!!!

ourmaninthenorth

A simple dedication to me Mate.

Today at the Northern Guitar Show.

The loves of our lives Brother.....

yKG8piP.jpg

Big Al

HELL YEAH!! :dude::hank:dude:

C'mon, Pat! You know better. I truly appreciate all the support but I know what crap I was laying down. I had done a whole rap about tuning to a double G, grabbin' a slide and becomin' Delta Albert. It was a GOOF! The only reason Steve pulled out his phone was because he felt I was relaxed and havin' fun, instead of struggling so hard with my impared playing, (thank you morphine).

I posted this goof because I wanted to show that you don't need Rockstar chops. That having fun and playing with a pal is the goodthing. FUN! It should be FUN!! Don't ever forget the joy and enjoyment of playin' music with others. My left humerus was in two seperate pieces and the thin rod that had just been implanted was the only thing holding my arm together, unknowingly at that time.

After back to back surgeries a year apart, I no longer have that bone. From the elbow up all the way it is metal. I can barely use my left arm and the pain is , ..... almost more than I can bear. The metal implant has cut thru my skin causing an abcess and the Docs wanted to amputate. I was put on heavy antibiotics and advised that I'd lose my arm.

I stood up, put my right hand over the big round part of the implant above the exiting part and pushed with all my might, bellowing like a bear in heat and pushed the implant back into my use to be shoulder, squirtin' tears like a baby.

The Docs lost their friggin' minds, standing up and shouting at me all at once. I told them to wrap it up as tight as they could and if the wound didn't heal, I'd super glue a flippin' bicycle tire patch over the metal part that cut thru my skin. This did not go over well. The abcess heal, as did the wound. It is ugly and the pain is epic. But I still have an arm. Before every treatment I have to show them my shoulder to prove I haven't glued on a patch.

My chemo was changed to a more aggressive infusion type, every two weeks, it is not nice. I'm failing, I can feel it. I won't go easy and I fight it as best I can. I can barely play now but I still try, .... 'cause even though I can't do it well and it hurts a lot, I can do it and it makes me happy.

Happy, joy. The pleasure of guitar playing has been a constant source of joy, solice, wonder and is a big part of my very being. 6 strings to bind my soul. They are all beautiful to me, they allow such wonderful opportunity to wordlessly commune. Sometimes it seems forgotten.

ourmaninthenorth

....... Before every treatment I have to show them my shoulder to prove I haven't glued on a patch.......

I'll wager a considerable sum that it's also crossed your mind on more than one occasion to put one there, just for the sheer bloody hell of seeing their faces.

You weren't born mate, you were quarried.

This is for You and Kate, may the farce be with you....

Love from under English skies.

Stephens

You are a true fighter and inspiration to everyone on this forum. Sharing your vast knowledge of guitars and showing us to appreciate everything we have been given. Keep up the good fight Big Al!

Scott L

Hoping today is a good one for you Big Al.....

and now back to our regular scheduled program :)

ym-eRcAIKZR6ypFWV8Lq9C1nRGDsEi2fN8cUAb90bXfTUXoA_agljfzmhWubYVTVmjG_N9GX6hDKPaawXVGjbSjFqfjlAWa4Zlvb5ubQUiAX9G8Gz32g9HR8wDDsV4VvXsrGzswqWnQn-zGRiHZd-XDLyG7FhAt5E7IA56qErtBjE8iSSVvSZyA8baU8RQAHtDpoxqopJpRJF_F2i_i7AFEROe5KsY9bBq-mhhFTMRrMfbwlV1FEITBnBwpeE2b6zQZR8qvOHZ5xMXR6KABkkxI8YxrMZnly7fPoyvFRshDkDfNPsczhbEnZ5mcJAlPk8eT7b-xm4gNso7D6INU939zEPiYHb7zLUzVQ6fgMLwPz5dhoTD-bFpS0P_nrrW33Vtl7BKUYmu19pdnKo_C-ZRva3BnvXOC2IHf8er12NldFoN1bH8zz3W71J071xbGywf1y9pz6lBN0P9WaGCmazd44JvF-UKCerWFS5lLMBLozbOZbkkqH-tQbIqZZF8m0qrSm6fJJOOwgh1DDHRJhFIzWOaE1OstW75o2pPUisjdUKXhnX0t7xfrkuhVZxH1qfe8g8wcnBt4bmEDFAL_bd5yW-UnGVm1CTsOR8fVDI_NCkqtuT0cGb6M9ysexv9AmuDMaXRLoCNzsmKeoF5ElkY6ybRPkrw5a=w1705-h959-no

El Gringo

C'mon, Pat! You know better. I truly appreciate all the support but I know what crap I was laying down. I had done a whole rap about tuning to a double G, grabbin' a slide and becomin' Delta Albert. It was a GOOF! The only reason Steve pulled out his phone was because he felt I was relaxed and havin' fun, instead of struggling so hard with my impared playing, (thank you morphine).

I posted this goof because I wanted to show that you don't need Rockstar chops. That having fun and playing with a pal is the goodthing. FUN! It should be FUN!! Don't ever forget the joy and enjoyment of playin' music with others. My left humerus was in two seperate pieces and the thin rod that had just been implanted was the only thing holding my arm together, unknowingly at that time.

After back to back surgeries a year apart, I no longer have that bone. From the elbow up all the way it is metal. I can barely use my left arm and the pain is , ..... almost more than I can bear. The metal implant has cut thru my skin causing an abcess and the Docs wanted to amputate. I was put on heavy antibiotics and advised that I'd lose my arm.

I stood up, put my right hand over the big round part of the implant above the exiting part and pushed with all my might, bellowing like a bear in heat and pushed the implant back into my use to be shoulder, squirtin' tears like a baby.

The Docs lost their friggin' minds, standing up and shouting at me all at once. I told them to wrap it up as tight as they could and if the wound didn't heal, I'd super glue a flippin' bicycle tire patch over the metal part that cut thru my skin. This did not go over well. The abcess heal, as did the wound. It is ugly and the pain is epic. But I still have an arm. Before every treatment I have to show them my shoulder to prove I haven't glued on a patch.

My chemo was changed to a more aggressive infusion type, every two weeks, it is not nice. I'm failing, I can feel it. I won't go easy and I fight it as best I can. I can barely play now but I still try, .... 'cause even though I can't do it well and it hurts a lot, I can do it and it makes me happy.

Happy, joy. The pleasure of guitar playing has been a constant source of joy, solice, wonder and is a big part of my very being. 6 strings to bind my soul. They are all beautiful to me, they allow such wonderful opportunity to wordlessly commune. Sometimes it seems forgotten.
I am sending you my best wishes and my prayers and thoughts go out to you and may the Good and Merciful Lord Bless you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Boyack

While I was speaking about your toughness (which is pretty amazing no matter how humble you want to be) that slide had attitude. Play on my friend!!

Big Al

While I was speaking about your toughness (which is pretty amazing no matter how humble you want to be) that slide had attitude. Play on my friend!!

I love you like a brother Pat, and your music too. Wouldn't be allowed in Texas with my chops now but I do have attitude. I be a most grizzly prickster!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I think of you often, bro. So sorry for all you're going through, but your toughness is inspiring.

Pat Boyack

I love you like a brother Pat, and your music too. Wouldn't be allowed in Texas with my chops now but I do have attitude. I be a most grizzly prickster!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Attitude IS everything here in Texas. You would fit right in!! :yah:hank:yah