• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My First Les Paul - 2019 Gibson Les Paul Classic (Heritage Cherry Burst)

MikeTemp

Les Paul 1.jpg

Just got my first Les Paul and its wonderful. I've owned many Fender Strats, Teles, and a PRS Singlecut but this is my first proper Gibson...couldn't be happier!

jb_abides

Congrats and welcome.

I came from Teles. A Classic was my first Paul as well. 2000 Goldtop "1960" with the ceramics. Still have that gateway drug :hank

Yours is really a great config. They went right for the Grovers on the Slim Taper, and the reflectors to boot. And the push-pulls: coil tapping, phase switching and pure bypassing... truly an embarrassment of riches if you are into it.

Please let us know what you think as both a LP noob and someone coming into the new lineup, how you find the QC and what you like, don't etc. as I think many will be looking at the new Classic...

Also, what do you think of the 61 Burstbuckers?

Enjoy! :salude

MikeTemp

I really love it! I know some people don't like the configuration with the push/pulls but for me its great! It sounds lie a Les Paul and then some...The neck is killer and very comfortable, and I love the grovers and reflectors...very cool 60's style burst.

Fit and finish are great - very clean lacquer job (It looks like a proper burst with no "clown" buisness going on, fret job is great, binding is great, and everything is as I would expect fora $2000 guitar. I'm really enjoying the pickups - vintage sounding, but a bit brighter and hotter than others in the range...remind me of Custom 5s. With all the features, I can imagine this is a killer guitar to gig with.

Congrats and welcome.

I came from Teles. A Classic was my first Paul as well. 2000 Goldtop "1960" with the ceramics. Still have that gateway drug :hank

Yours is really a great config. They went right for the Grovers on the Slim Taper, and the reflectors to boot. And the push-pulls: coil tapping, phase switching and pure bypassing... truly an embarrassment of riches if you are into it.

Please let us know what you think as both a LP noob and someone coming into the new lineup, how you find the QC and what you like, don't etc. as I think many will be looking at the new Classic...

Also, what do you think of the 61 Burstbuckers?

Enjoy! :salude

El Gringo

Welcome , There is nothing Like a Gibson Les Paul . Play her and enjoy yourself and rock out !!!

wmachine

Nice! Hope you enjoy it. Those seem to be the newer rendition of previous years LP Trad Pros (II, III. 3T, IV, etc.) Excellent LPs

Musicman

That's great news but got any better pics so we can enjoy it too? :peace2 Congrats!

snag

Even when you're done playng them for the moment, they're just so much God damn fun to look at! Congratulations... more pics please.

cincyguitar

Congrats !...I always keep mine in the case or on a guitar stand so they wont fall over and break the head stock....:hank

MikeLPMarshall

HNGD!!!!!!!
I recently got the same model (2019 LP Classic Heritage Cherry Burst). I got mine on a trade deal from a guy who only had it for 2 months. He couldn't handle the weight.
I only paid $900 and a PRS SE 245 for it!
For comparison, I also have a 2016 Studio in Silver Pearl and a 2019 Traditional- a GC special run in Blueberry Burst.
3 Authentic LPs.jpg

On all three of mine, the QC was impeccable.
My Studio does the metal thing really good. The classic can cover just about anything and the Traditional, well, it does that absolutely lovely vintage LP tone thing.

Midnight Blues

Nice! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
:welcome to the LPF, :welcome to the LP club and play her in good health!

JYD

HNGD!!!!!!!
I recently got the same model (2019 LP Classic Heritage Cherry Burst). I got mine on a trade deal from a guy who only had it for 2 months. He couldn't handle the weight.
I only paid $900 and a PRS SE 245 for it!
For comparison, I also have a 2016 Studio in Silver Pearl and a 2019 Traditional- a GC special run in Blueberry Burst.
View attachment 10191

On all three of mine, the QC was impeccable.
My Studio does the metal thing really good. The classic can cover just about anything and the Traditional, well, it does that absolutely lovely vintage LP tone thing.

So what is the weight of your Classic? Cheers.

nhwildbill

Sweet guitar, I also have a 2019 Classic - it's a GC Special in Midnight Blue - and love it, was actually playing it last night.
I think it's great that your first is "Cherry" as well. :salude

Enjoy the hell out of it!