• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bonamassa Signature Firebird I?

reidmalips

From the VERY helpful Michelle Stolzenburg:

"I apologize for the delayed response. Our first batch of guitars was delivered two weeks late which was received last week Thursday. Epiphone was not able to ship all the guitars we needed to fulfill all of our backorders for the Tobacco Sunburst model.
A second batch of guitars was shipped to us today which we are expecting to receive this Thursday. This second batch will be enough to cover all backorders.
We will begin shipping from the second batch of guitars Friday. You should expect to receive tracking information early next week.

Did you need the guitar by a specific day? If so, let me know so that we can make the proper arrangements on our end to do our best to accommodate you."

THAT is customer service!

Stevie C.

From the VERY helpful Michelle Stolzenburg:

"I apologize for the delayed response. Our first batch of guitars was delivered two weeks late which was received last week Thursday. Epiphone was not able to ship all the guitars we needed to fulfill all of our backorders for the Tobacco Sunburst model.
A second batch of guitars was shipped to us today which we are expecting to receive this Thursday. This second batch will be enough to cover all backorders.
We will begin shipping from the second batch of guitars Friday. You should expect to receive tracking information early next week.

Did you need the guitar by a specific day? If so, let me know so that we can make the proper arrangements on our end to do our best to accommodate you."

THAT is customer service!

Is Michelle from Joe's site?

troyad

Apparently Dave's no longer has any. Weird. Sweetwater says I should have the gold one shipping out next week. Still unknown on the sunburst.

Big Al

I got my tracking # from JBs. My sunburst is on its way. Longest guitar model name ever!!:hank

garywright

I'm looking forward to seeing pix & reviews on these Epi's ....also, I may know a guy who has two pair of mint 60s reflectors to dress 'em up a little

Stevie C.

Just spoke to Sweetwater. They say I am at the front of their list for a Sunburst, but the first shipment has now been pushed to Jan 4th..
Not happy...:dang
My JB hardcase and FB t-shirt, however, just arrived today from JB's site...
I now have a beautiful case for a guitar I don't have...

TM1

Wow... was hoping to have had mine so I could show it to Joe Monday night. I have an ABM nickel plated Bell Brass wrapover and some great stings(Pyramid Monel Classics) to put on it.

Stevie C.

Wow... was hoping to have had mine so I could show it to Joe Monday night. I have an ABM nickel plated Bell Brass wrapover and some great stings(Pyramid Monel Classics) to put on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed.. I went through Sweetwater so I could take advantage of the 0% financing, but it's gonna suck waiting until January now..

Hot_Snake

How'd it look? Did it look like Nitro finish? Did you play it?

I had a quick look at it because it was saturday and a lot of people were in the shop for Christmas. Just tried it unplugged.

The look is killer.
The construction is great, fretwork was fine.
Fingerboard is not the best looking i've seen, but hey, we are on a 699€ guitar so i can't complain.
To me, finish doesn't look like nitro ... pardon me if i'm wrong.

I'm not a Firebird expert, but the neck seems bigger to me than the std. USA Firebird. Very comfortable to play !

I have to bring some stuff i recently bought at the store to have some fun with the guys, if the Bird is still here i'll plug it to check how it sounds !
I hope they won't have the sunburst one, because for the price it would be VERY tempting ... even if i don't need it and i should better save money for an old 335 :spabout

If you are in Europe / France, the guitare is here (no direct affiliation with the shop)

Stevie C.

I am doubtful that they are nitro.

Me too, I'm guessing they might have done nitro on the prototypes for Joe, since the guy who ended up with one of them thought it looked & smelled like nitro on his... No biggie, I just wish I wasn't going to have to wait till next month for mine!

kharrison

I've got Joe's Gold one. It's definitely nitro. You guys will not be disappointed.