• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rolph PAF's in a MAX Burst

jjguitarranch

Rolph PAF's in a MAX Burst (Now includes sound clips)

I currently have a set of Rolph PAF pickups in my MAX Burst. Thought this might be relevant considering the other discussion about Rolph pickups.

You will have to right click on each link, and save file.

http://www.jjguitarranch.com/Download.html

Last edited:

bluesforstevie

Doesn't work with a Mac. Ok, I got em. Nice tone. I'm not sure I think it sounds like a Burst or a conversion for that matter...but Very nice. :salude

Last edited:

eko

Les Paul Froum Member
Wow jj, thanks a lot for that, I was looking for clips of the Rolphs.
It sounds very articulate actually, complex.
The bridge sounds really raw and in your face but with a lot of colors, wow.
The neck sounds very warm and wide, lots of darkness which I like a lot.
Nice playing too btw, keep it up :dude

Could you maybe record the neck pickup with overdrive too, maybe a bit Still got the Blues to see how it sings out the long notes, hehehee :salude

I am thinking of getting Rolphs to put in my future Lucille, and these clips got me excited about it.

trents111

Nice clips! What amp are you running? What are the pickup coil resistances on the pickups? Thanks! :dude

jjguitarranch

Dan, thanks for the kind words. Coming from you that means a lot as your tone is very nice also.

I don't know which model Rolphs those are as I think he makes two models (58 or 59). The person I bought them from didnt know. I suspect 59's. I like them, they make you really work for it with a Marshall. I have no way to measure the output.

If I went for a vintage fender amp tone that might be more familiar territory Dan. I get that style tone with my Top Hat Ambassador.

The amp on all clips is a handwired Marshall 20 watt head (2061X) with matching cab. I loaded the cab up with vintage pre rola celestions. A very early one and a later one. There is also a volume boost on top of those rock style clips. The dynamics are just controlling the volume at the guitar.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
JJ....sounds great! I'd love to see your Max....I'm kinda partial to them myself... :salude
3588_p47170.jpg

jjguitarranch

CD-Good to see you around these parts. How the hell did you get two, you lucky dog. That is what I call stereo. Here is pic of mine. I really do need to work on my photography chops though.

1421_p48096.jpg