• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Billy F Gibbons autobiography (Pearly Gates content)

vic108

"Hot, Blue, and Righteous"...

The first 4 albums, with parts of Tejas were wonderful.
Great tone and great tunes. After that, a song here and there.

Wish ZZ Top or (solo) Billy would do a "stripped down" BLUES CD.

The Boz 56

JBlues said:
Jut Got Back from Baby's, Drivin' While Blind. Some of the Rev's best burst tone.
Yes - those two tunes tell you what Pearly is all about. Drivin While Blind is on my top ten list of Top tunes to listen to and play with my band.

trents111

Blue Jean Blues and Cheap Sunglasses...Unreal tone, unreal fingers. A class act live also. I was told by an insider :wha that Fool for your Stockings was done with a Strat and a tweed Deluxe. If you try this setup its pretty damm close...cept for his mojo!!

bluesforstevie

trents111 said:
Blue Jean Blues and Cheap Sunglasses...Unreal tone, unreal fingers. A class act live also. I was told by an insider :wha that Fool for your Stockings was done with a Strat and a tweed Deluxe. If you try this setup its pretty damm close...cept for his mojo!!

Is Blue Jean Blues...for sure Pearly?

trents111

Dan...I have often wondered that myself :wail Sounds a lil single coilish don't it? Like a good vintage Strat neck pickup and a Marshall? Tweed? God only knows. The guy can make a broom sound great!

Mark

trents111 said:
Cheap sun glasses was done with a legend amp. Not my favorite tone

MrMike

I remember reading in GP that the 2nd solo is a Chiquita travel guitar (one of those little guys made my Mark Erlewine).

sparky_flame

OMFG...thats just about the coolest f%$^ing thang I ever seen. The REV is totally wack and I love him.

chaz498

But WTF is that mop thing he wears? Gotta be one of the dumbest hats of all time.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I've heard that the beard is a prop and the hat and sunglasses, so that when he takes them off no one recognizes him. Then he can go pawn shopping for gear!

NickVig

The Master of Sparks
chaz498 said:
But WTF is that mop thing he wears? Gotta be one of the dumbest hats of all time.

i've seen guys who are bald wear a lot worse things than the 'hat de afrique'

:wha

wavygravy

Billy is the King of the Les Paul and his ramblings are funnier than shit, there's a lot of wisdom in his rants. The hat always reminds me of an organic illegal substance, and the beard is real. The tones that he gets on Rythmeen frickin blow me away :59gibson