• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Breaking news about Slash’s S.I.R. modified Appetite Marshall

xNFx

I wonder if Slash ever had one of these guys mod his current amps after the whole SIR and Appetite recording thing?

Bainzy

Outtahear said:
Nope-Carbon Film......

how do you know? have you see inside a modded amp?

Many many vintage Marshalls had Carbon Comp resistors in. Although they weren't as common as Carbon Film, they were still put in by the factory. I've seen 1959T's with CC resistors in, I can show you pictures if you like.

Richie

""Nope-Carbon Film"""

As was posted,some did use both. my 67 had some CC in it.

Richie

Cyren

Man I loved reading this, thank you for uncovering all of this info for us all.

[h=2]Re: Breaking news about Slash’s S.I.R. modified Appetite Marshall[/h]
chumbucket: There's a picture of the inside of "Bryan's" Caswell modded Marshall at the bottom of this article:

http://www.guitardigest.com/SLASH.pdf

If only that link still worked! Would have loved to seen photographs of one of those.

Oatie

Man I loved reading this, thank you for uncovering all of this info for us all.

Re: Breaking news about Slash’s S.I.R. modified Appetite Marshall

chumbucket: There's a picture of the inside of "Bryan's" Caswell modded Marshall at the bottom of this article:

http://www.guitardigest.com/SLASH.pdf

If only that link still worked! Would have loved to seen photographs of one of those.

Go to the waybackmachine.org and type in the http://www.guitardigest.com/SLASH.pdf ,

then click on Sept.5, 2007 link. You can DL the pdf there.

Amp360

Quickly, off the top of my head, Slashs' parents had $. Again, Slashs' PARENTS had $$. Those clowns was BROKE for the most part (I go back as far as Hollywierd April, '87..) As far as Alesis' defunct LA offices, I sold one of their employees' some vintage synth gear 2 months ago, and dropped it off at...Ta-Da! the L.A, offices. First rule of journalism....fact check! Follow the facts where they lead, not where someone wants them to lead...good luck to you, and keep us posted.

Different company. Chances are you sold gear to someone who worked for InMusic, which owns Alesis. They're in RI IIRC.

I'm the perfect age to have been a GnR fan but never really got them, and I got my first (used) LP right when AOD came out. Never saw them as any different than Warrant, Poison or Bon Jovi but history has somehow distanced them from those bands. Slash is good at what he does but never was a player I followed all that closely.

I know "Slash" is a rich kid. IIRC he's David Geffen's nephew or godson, but this supposedly had nothing to do with them signing with Geffen.