• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Did Gibson ever make a gold top (or all gold) LP Custom?

twinrider1

I've been patiently waiting for someone to respond...... :biggrin:

Seriously though, ever seen one? I think it would look fantastic. It's seems like something they'd definitely do....they did the goldtop faded to a burst after all....but I don't recall ever seeing one.

3th3r

The only one I know of is the 50th Anniversary Goldtop LP Custom. It was a GC exclusive.

Ryan Givhan

now that looks pretty cool. i would put some double black pups in there and rock it out!

b2nc

There was also an early 80's model (1982?) done in Harvest Gold burst. I remember seeing one in person at a guitar show in the early 90s and it was the most beautiful gold finish I had ever seen.

I've passively kept my eye out for one but they're as rare as hen's teeth. There was one on TGP I just missed last year that went for very reasonable money, like $2300 or so. OTOH, there's an ebay dealer that has a couple of them and he's trying to push the price into the next stratosphere but nobody's buying...

tspoon

I know where a 1981 Goldburst is......

Has Tim Shaw pups, all orig, mint.....

Kinda pricy @ $4700 with chainsaw case.....

PM me, I don't have anything associated with this sale and do not want to get busted for spam......

raph

Funny you ask. They make one now.

71273lg1.jpg
71273lg2.jpg

71273lg3.jpg

buyusfear

Yep, pretty sweet looking.

I took some pictures of one today at my local shop.

goldcustom1.jpg

goldcustom2.jpg

goldcustom3.jpg

StSpider

Wow, I really like this "TV Gold" finish..

Would look cool on a Standard with some flame underneath too..

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
So it's still "no" to an all gold custom.

TV gold is neat and all, but it ain't the same...

andy k

I need to get some pics up, I traded an 07 R9 for a 2010 TV gold custom, cert says B7, so it is all mahogany, one piece body.
I have searched high and low, and can only find one other, the one pictured in this thread.
It is my only custom, and I think my LP journey is over, I also have an R7, and 2 replicas-a 59 spec and a 55 Beck spec.
All ground is covered, but the TV gold custom is something else.
I'll try and get some beauty shots up here soon.