• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

looking for a good repair guy in chicago or elsewhere

flyinhawaiian

Hello,
well my o1 R9 has fallen again and this time took a chunk out of the side of the headstock. She still stays in tune alright but I have noticed that I need to tune her up a little more than before. She took another spill a few months ago on granite floor. I think she needs some lovin' froma great repair guy. whether it be in chicago or elsewhere I just want my baby to be back to normal!!! I would try Mr. Dan Erlewine but I can't find a way to contact him so...... Can someone help me out with a good repair guy? Thanks in advance.

fzfwyv

Hi,

Tom Pellerito is an awesome guitar tech. I only use the word guitar tech because I don't know what else to call him, but he is much more than just a tech. He's a great craftsman/repair person too. Top notch work, you will not be disappointed.

The only thing is that he is located in Michigan. If shipping the guitar or taking a 4 hour drive from Chicago is in the realm of possibilities, I would at least give him a call to chat about your problems and let him explain what he can do for you.

He regulary works on a lot of guitars and basses from Ted Nugent (see liner notes on the Call of the Wild CD) to a huge number of local and midwestern talent.

His phone number is (734) 485-9550. Tell him Rich Szmagaj (the R9 w/ no grounding wire) sent you.

-Rich

Chef Greg

Dan Erlewine is not that far... ship it to him... :2cents -- probably cost you $40 fedEx Express saver, each way.

born2lift

Hi,

Tom Pellerito is an awesome guitar tech. I only use the word guitar tech because I don't know what else to call him, but he is much more than just a tech. He's a great craftsman/repair person too. Top notch work, you will not be disappointed.

The only thing is that he is located in Michigan. If shipping the guitar or taking a 4 hour drive from Chicago is in the realm of possibilities, I would at least give him a call to chat about your problems and let him explain what he can do for you.

He regulary works on a lot of guitars and basses from Ted Nugent (see liner notes on the Call of the Wild CD) to a huge number of local and midwestern talent.

His phone number is (734) 485-9550. Tell him Rich Szmagaj (the R9 w/ no grounding wire) sent you.

-Rich

I can vouche for Tom Pellerito. He's been working on guitars for me since the early 90s. There isn't anyone else that I'd take a guitar to. And his prices are very reasonable.

Theres a reason why so many big names use his services.

El Gringo

For what it is worth I have purchased guitars and had work done from Wildwood Guitars , Dave's Guitars , and The Music Zoo all three went above and beyond to service my instruments and I would not hesitate one second to use them again .

Anthonyl

Hello,
well my o1 R9 has fallen again and this time took a chunk out of the side of the headstock. She still stays in tune alright but I have noticed that I need to tune her up a little more than before. She took another spill a few months ago on granite floor. I think she needs some lovin' froma great repair guy. whether it be in chicago or elsewhere I just want my baby to be back to normal!!! I would try Mr. Dan Erlewine but I can't find a way to contact him so...... Can someone help me out with a good repair guy? Thanks in advance.

Tim Schroeder is a master...

http://schroederamplification.com/p/repair-and-modification

He is not the cheapest, but his work is stellar. Call and talk to him. He's offers much more than what is listed on his site. He built archtops for years in addition to the repair work.

He's in Chicago, too.

Last edited: