• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Transluscent Amber

Trans-Am

Hi ya all!! Anybody know which model carries the Trans-Amber finish? Heard that it could only be obtained on the CLASSICS and HISTORICS...Is it True??? ;)

Zhangliqun

Always look around the websites of the heavy-weight Gibson dealers, like Center City Music in San Diego and Dave's and Wildwood Guitars et al. They've always got some kind of special one-off/mini-run/etc. LP that doesn't "officially exist", especially in terms of funky or otherwise non-advertised finishes.

Center City has a trans-blue Custom Shop Figured Top Standard, also a purple (and I do mean PURPLE) Standard Plus as just a couple of examples. Not what you're looking for but just to say that what's in official Gibson literature/web pages aren't always the last word. Keep LOOKING!

Trans-Am

Aha !!!

Thanks a bunch Zhalingun? I've gotten a word fron another thread here that the Trans-Amber could only be had in the HISTORICS...." I shall seek ye the elusive " :wail:

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
Zhang is right, manufactures do special runs for specific dealers all the time. Hence, you'll see ads for stores tauting guitars made "specifically for _____." These would include finishes. Was is Sam Ass that was advertising a three-pickup Classic?

Drew

Trans-Am Les Pauls

Actually, I don't believe the Historics do come in Trans-Amber--or at least I've never seen one. The faded looking Historics are usually in some shade of lemon drop or ice tea. When compared side by side, a Trans-Amber Classic Plus has much more of an orange-ish hue than the yellow of my R8 Lemon Drop. However, when photographed next to each other--they look almost identical.

To answer your question, I think it's easiest to find trans amber on Classics, Classic Pluses, Class 5 's and DC Les Pauls.