• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

04 Explorer Pro!

yz25098uk

is the full sized body one, extra heavy or something?

i didnt know there was a choice in body sizes on those.
also what pups has it got?, could be same as the classics ones.

cheers
bruce
:dead:

Magnum

yz,

No choice in body size. The Explorer Pro is just smaller than a regular Explorer. I can't remember for sure what pickups were in them so I'll leave that to someone else.

yz25098uk

Magnum said:
yz,

No choice in body size. The Explorer Pro is just smaller than a regular Explorer. I can't remember for sure what pickups were in them so I'll leave that to someone else.

thanks for your reply, its taught me something i didnt know.

(what a cool site this is!!)

cheers
bruce
:dead:

TomTaco

yz25098uk said:
is the full sized body one, extra heavy or something?

i didnt know there was a choice in body sizes on those.
also what pups has it got?, could be same as the classics ones.
The full sized Explorers are not heavy at all, they are lighter than you would expect by just looking at them. They are lighter than a Les Paul and are nicely balanced. The pickups are the 500T/490R set, same as the Les Paul Classic.

yz25098uk

TomTaco said:
The full sized Explorers are not heavy at all, they are lighter than you would expect by just looking at them. They are lighter than a Les Paul and are nicely balanced. The pickups are the 500T/490R set, same as the Les Paul Classic.

thanks tom

**edit, was clapton using a firebird in the farewell dvd?**
it was a similar shaped guitar..... :bh
:biggrin:

:salude

sayonaura

Yeah, Tom is right the "fullsize" ones arent bad at all, weight-wise. I broke mine in half, so i dont have a side by side comparison @ the moment (oh but i will), but the little blurb regarding size from Gibson was that these E-Pro's are 10% smaller and 10% lighter. Tom is also right about the pickup config in both of the ones I have. I am totally in love with both these axes, but for some reason, I seem to be favoring the black one. even with the knobs i thought i didnt like!!!

yz25098uk

my classic came from the factory with 496r/500t ceramics, i think thats the standard ones for a classic?

cheers
bruce

Mr Carrot

Hi guys, sorry if tread is closed or abandoned for a while but I am wondering if anyone in the UK has got one of them for sale in trans black. Cheers! :peace2

Axegrinder

A little late to the party, but FYI: Gibson also produced the Explorer Pro in 2007. It was one of their "Guitar of the week" offerings, and was offered in a cherry finish and in tobacco sunburst (As far as I have been able to find out, they produced 400 of each). I have one in the tobacco sunburst and it is absolutely one of the best-playing guitars I have ever owned, especially after I swapped out the pickups and installed a set of zebra SD Pearly Gates. I'm definitely not a small guy but the 90%-sized body fits me perfectly and balances better than the standard Explorers I've owned previously. I missed out on a cherry one on Reverb last year, but if I ever find another one at a decent price I'll buy it in a heartbeat. They are awesome guitars and a nice mid-set changeup from my Les Pauls.