• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone played the used R9 at Willie's?

Aular

Looks sweet, did you call to find out the serial number?, the guitar has a nice soft flame which IMO makes it nicer than these crazy flame LP's,"personal taste".
If you are looking for a R9 w/ Br then get it, 'cause the price is pretty, pretty good.

Aular

Wow, sold..? that was quicker than saying sold, anyway that was such a good price...I wonder now..... :ahem

gitarzilla

If that one does have a Brazilian RW fretboard, that was a SCREAMIN' deal. Nice top on it too.

murkat

Yes, it was nice, slim neck for a R9, or mine is way huge for a R9. Somebody got a goodie :)

bjewell

Banned
Had one just like it...

And sold it. IMHO that top is western maple, not eastern. It looks unreal to me, and the one I had didn't have a lotta pop to the tone. Sold it.

The problem I have found in many of the 03s I have played, is that they don't sound as good as my 99 R9. They tend to sound very generic "Gibsony" but they don't sound like a Lester. But, hey YMMV and that is fine... :- )