• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Newbie finds gold

'57Classic

Hi all,

I can't contain my excitement anymore. I've lurked around thinking about a Goldtop RI for awhile now but after seeing Dickey Betts locally and the Allman Brothers in New York I was hooked. I bought a '01 R7 Goldtop last week and couldn't be happier with it. I love the tone as is but since I already have an unused RS kit I'll put that in and see what happens. When I first played it the fretboard felt so much nicer and "smoother" than my Guild Bluesbird I was almost startled. Now I can bend notes without feeling like I'm digging into the rosewood!

I learned an awful lot about these guitars from reading the post on the forum and I felt like I made an informed decision, thanks for everything.

TT100

Congratulations!

It took me over 1500 posts here, a Townsend SG and a Firebird V before I succumbed to Gold Fever!

'01 R4.

TT

rickstan

congrats and glad your research paid off with a goldie .... :dude

rick

Modtourman

Congrats' to you. Being patient is hard, I know, but your guitar was worth the wait I'm sure.
Enjoy!

Goldtop Dude

Another "Golden Beauty"----------Congrats, and Welcome to the Forum!:dude