• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Burst Pic of the Week- Carmelita, A Burst by any other name, ....

El Gringo

I finally get it about Carmelita and what a spectacular and most beautiful top with such a rich color and vibrant figure . Bravo , that guitar made me gasp in wide wonder and enjoyment . Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Gringo

There is something about the appearance of the finish and color on Carmelita that just screams -beautiful as in only on a fine vintage 60 year old guitar. I know I am not speaking in a scientific manner with info and details but the color and finish are so rich ! There also seems to be 3D aspect to the figure as well and I conclude that this instrument is most striking and beautiful !

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
normal_IMG_1200~0.JPG

normal_DSCN3182.JPG

El Gringo

TW, that is Your Donna with Carmelita ? 2 beauties side by side . Bravo !!!!!!!!!! I forgot to ask is that Joe Bonamassa playing Carmelita in the photo you posted ?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
TW, that is Your Donna with Carmelita ? 2 beauties side by side . Bravo !!!!!!!!!! I forgot to ask is that Joe Bonamassa playing Carmelita in the photo you posted ?

Yes, Donna and Carmelita, plus JoeB playing Carmelita the same night. :)

wsaraceni

Did Gibson 3D scan this to develop the “Carmelita” neck carve I see listed on some R9 historics?

rob livesey

Did Gibson 3D scan this to develop the “Carmelita” neck carve I see listed on some R9 historics?

I think they must have done. There was a run of R8’s in 2017 which are supposed to have the Carmelita top carve and neck profile. I bought two of them, and they are really nice guitars to play with a perfect neck profile for me.

I have also played Carmelita and mine feel similar.

Rob

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Anybody knows where is Jim these days? I haven't heard about him since Arlington some years ago... Hopefully he is doing good!