• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is there any remedy for a creaky, noisy pickguard ?

MRBUGGO

Can anyone advise how to stop a LP pickguard from making noise from your hand resting on it, short of removing it?

MRBUGGO

Yes, all screws are tight. I am thinking I may need to shave the pickguard away slightly from the P/U mounting bezels so it won't rub.
Also, perhaps some kind of small rubber pad under the middle screw where it touches the body might help.
What do you think?
Thank you?

Tone Tuner

Bend the "L" bracket angle tighter so that when the screws are tight the pickguard rests on the top (the straight section between the pickups). Take the "L" bracket completely off before trying to bend it so that you don't break the guard.

SimonBarSinister

MRBUGGO said:
Yes, all screws are tight. I am thinking I may need to shave the pickguard away slightly from the P/U mounting bezels so it won't rub.
Also, perhaps some kind of small rubber pad under the middle screw where it touches the body might help.
What do you think?
Thank you?

That is exactly what I was thinking but I am far from an engineer...

Goldtop Dude

Your guitar is telling you, you need to turn up. Try 11! ha ha I have used both ideas above and had good luck.

Btw, Welcome to the Forum!:dude

tele00

The bracket for the pickguard is slotted. Just loosen the screw and move the guard so there is about 1/32 space between it and the pickup ring. Thats all I did with mine.

Fuji

It's obviously a major problem in the bracket slot screw gromet lubricant bottom side of the washer's tension level. You can't fix it with out haveing a degree in elecrtical engineering. I hope that helps your problem. The other option is to give the scatch plate one big WHACK!!!:wap

Please no "WTF".

Cyberstan

Started reading some posts here and came across this thread. My guard was so tight against the P/U, that I could here the ‘squeaking’ over my amp. I have an ebony Studio model, so I simply took the guard off. As they say, it’s a matter of personal taste, but not only do I find my LP looks far better without it, but I discovered that it’s far more comfortable to play now without it.:dude:

workerunit

Try this, loosen all of the pickup ring and pick guard screws, including the pick guard bracket to pick guard screw
and move the pick guard slightly away from the pickup rings and then secure the loose screws.
This is neither rocket surgery nor brain science and it does not require an advanced degree in anything, just some common hand tools.