• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Request for Australian forumites

Pete

Apologies for bringing a bad vibe here....but I'm feeling physically ill as I type this.

Dave and Cam (guitarist and Bass player) from Sydney "Stoner" band "Bob Sledge" had their house raped last night while they were out. They asked me to let you guys know and asked if you would be kind enough to keep your eyes open - none of this stuff was insured. Please let other people know - as many possible.

What follows is a list of what was taken. "No case" means the instrument was taken without it's case.

1.) Orange OR120 amplifier. Original 1970's model. This amp has been modified so that the power switch on the front is a "standby" switch. The amp lights up as soon as it is plugged into the mains. Electro Harmonix EL34s.

2.) Spector Bass, white with rosewood fretboard. Original made by Kramer in the USA. No case.

3.) Fender Precision Deluxe Bass, blue with maple fretboard. Active pickups. No case.

4.) Rickenbacker 4001, 1977 model, natural maple finish. In original 70's Rickenbacker case.

5.) Orville EB3 Bass, Cherry. In a shitter case. ("Orville" is the Japanese made Gibson - "Orville" is inlayed in the headstock instead of Gibson). Quite rare.

6.) Gibson 335, 1976, red wine/burgundy in colour, block inlays. This guitar originally had nylon tuners which have been replaced with chrome jobs. It is in a Gibson moulded hard case.

7.) Fender Stratocaster, "Ritchie Blackmore" model, white with scalloped rosewood fretboard. Fender moulded hard case. Serial number 11584. Made in Japan.

8.) Orville SG Custom, white. 3 pickups. Gold hardware. Moulded Gibson case. Quite rare in Australia.

9.) H.S. Anderson Explorer, natural ash body. Ebony fretboard. "Dean" type headstock. Rare.

10.) Alvarez Acoustic. Made fron Koa timber.

11.) Strat copy. Has "Uncle Flipflopocaster" on headstock (used years ago in Dave's old band "Uncle Flip Flop"). High sentimental value.

12.) Marshall "Mini Stack". Model GA12.

13.) Bass effects board. Bass Wah, Big Muff, tuner etc.

This list does not include other stuff like DVD player, digital videocam (with Bob Sledge's last gig on it) etc etc.

The guys have a very strong feeling that the scum came in looking for guitars and associated stuff. They may be able to supply serial numbers for the items but as the house has been turned completely upside down (personal papers and clothes everywhere) and the police have not yet turned up to dust for fingerprints - they can't look for them (let alone touch anything.)

If you see any of this gear - anywhere - please contact the police or me. I'm sure that if all the gear was to be returned in original condition there would be no questions asked. Information leading to recovery of the equipment will be rewarded.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it is appreciated.

Now where did I put that spew bucket?

Last edited:

zz666

Contact Steve at Jackson's Rare Guitars, and as many pawn shops as you can
also fax as many music stores as you can with the list (all over Australia) - All the best bro

Last edited: