• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tried the 'wrap'

Sunburst79

Backwrapping was done on old Les-Pauls to lessen the string tension on the ABR 1 bridge, the bridge & the thin posts were prone to bending or collapsing . Older Les-Pauls (Historics too) have the neck at a steeper angle. Most modern Les-Pauls have less neck angle & dont need to be backwrapped.

Ah, Sorry, The older the Paul the shallower the neck angle.

Pearly Grapes

Tokai Love Rock said:
..........and replacing those heavy Grovers with some Klusons using the conversion bushings.

Hey TLR;
Just FYI, Grover makes Kluxon look-alikes that sound great & you WON'T have to use conversion bushings.

Tokai Love Rock

Thank you Pearly Grapes! I will have to take a look at the Grovers you mention. I appreciate the advice.

chaz498

Juat a dumbass thought, but the sensitivity of our fingertips is amazing (they can detect minimal vibrations) so even these small changes in tension, etc, may affect the perceived experience of playing the guitar much more than the strict numbers indicate.

DaveTV

If wrapping was the prefered way for Duane, it's good enough for me............

251_p22184.jpg