• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1957 Goldtop

Duncan

Wiggy said:
Hey settle down........................
If it weren't for lawyers, we wouldn't need more lawyers
:wtf

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Robert Sherman

Word is that it's a humbucker guitar and all original. My partner is a guitar player and knows the difference. The guitar is owned by an old dude in Fla who traded a shotgun for it many years ago. He lives in the same retirement community as my partners mother. I guess that he plans on auctioning/selling it somehow and it's too rich for my blood but if I can get the details on where and when it's going to sell I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the help!

Robert

if its the correct serial number, you qouted earlier, I would highly doubt the pickups came stock on that guitar.

325-at-2pm

BarneyBarnes:

Do remember a 1968 Custom that you bought on Ebay around 3-4 years ago that had the dotted "i", an old wiring harness, and some other unusual features including a PAF and Pat #?

I was the second place bidder on that guitar and always wondered what the deal was because it appeared to be one cool guitar. If you remember, please tell me your impressions of that guitar and whether or not you think it was 100%.

I bought another 1968 that had a lot of the same features other than the PAF, including a wiring harnes from mid-year 1961. Gibson told me that my '68 shipped just after NAMM.

Thanks.

Robert Sherman

Well I'll admit it, you guys are pretty good. It turns out that it is a P-90 loaded guitar. What does that do to the fair market price?

Thanks,

Robert

leoslespaul

There's a late '55 with similar features on Flea-Bay right now for around 17K- It's been talked about here on the Forum-
The "Fair-Market Price" all depends on condition, originality, all-gold, etc.
my :2cents

325-at-2pm

PAF that sucker................hehehehe.........NOT!

Actually, it would be great to see it in photos. I'm curious about how its features compare to the one on Ebay right now........things like logo position vs. the 1955.

When someone said earlier that maybe it had been PAF'd already, I was thinking of the little retired guy down in Florida having the motivation to retrofit the PAFs and I knew it has to be P-90s.

Robert Sherman

I am supposed to get some photos the first of next week, including the top, back, neck front and back headstock as well as the area where the headstock meets the neck. I'll get them posted as soon as I get them.

XOSKELETAL

Banned
Lars said:
Who's that fucking lawyer in New York with a 1957 goldtop?

Humbuckers too and the black accessories.

Who would that dude be? Ian? Tommy? Anybody?--Hello? is this thing on???

:tfiend

F'N LAWYERS!!!!!!

full_352_p7054.jpg

barneybarnes

325at2PM

we determined that it was assembled with leftover 50's electronics and a burst body It was the utimate poor man's burst
BB

325-at-2pm

WoW, barnerybarnes.

A true leftover parts 50s/1968 only made into a Custom? I would image that it had a 1968 neck on it!