• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1958 Goldtop for $33k

S

Snags

Thirty-three grand? No sweat, but it needs a flat black paint job, a Floyd, and super distortions.... :dead:

XOSKELETAL

Banned
You guyz know more then the folks at Mandolin Brothers in NY, where I had my dad's 57 goldtop appraised several years ago. They never saw nor heard of the black parts on the 57 goldtops, and kept implying that they were added later (when my dad put on a black pickguard with his name engraved). I'm going to send pictures to Gruhn for another appraisal, not that I would ever sell it.

Red Baron

Ha ha! these old threads are amusing... they add perspective vintage guitar appreciation. :)

Shovel95

Yep. And yours truly is the one that stepped up to the plate for that guitar :jim

It now resides with another forum member, so it's still in the "family" :salude

BTW it's in the registry if you want to see :photos 8 3127

LowE

Very nice. Now it's worth 200k or thereabouts. So about 6 times what it cost six years ago. Another 6 times would be 1.2 million dollars.

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Or even check it at its previous home... :ganz

main.php

Tweety

This guitar is currently up for sale again, a bit more than 33K now, at Rumble Seat. I'd be interested if anyone knows this guitar and has played it. It looks so cool. Thanks

LarryC

This guitar is currently up for sale again, a bit more than 33K now, at Rumble Seat. I'd be interested if anyone knows this guitar and has played it. It looks so cool. Thanks

So if I'm not mistaken,16 years later, the price only went up 2.5K... which is cheaper with inflation factored in.. 33K in 2001 = 45.8K , 2017