• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What's the best instructional video you've seen?

led zep fan

Banned
If you're looking to start playing slide, or need help with your phrasing, Warren's your man. The vids also feature great live in the studio performances by Gov't Mule and Warren's first solo band.

BKDC

Hi,

"Danny Gatton 2 - Strictly Rhythm Guitar" is really cool - some new ideas for your rhythm playing. Also pretty entertaining in general.

Bruce

J

Jesse Segovia

stephjeff said:
Eric Johnson's is great too. He doesn't really teach very well, but you learn a lot just watching him.
I think Eric intends more to explain basic concepts more than specific licks. For example, in his second, two-tape video (Master Class?)he goes into a lot of detail on the styles of different players like Clapton, Beck, Jimi and Wes Montgomery. It's a real eye-opener.

Eric's two tapes are my personal favorites.

Jesse

BadAssBill

Is the Warren video all slide?

(I know this may be a dumb question...but I have to ask.)

led zep fan

Banned
Warren's vid is half slide, half regular playing, but the performances are without slide

frisco

Formerly greeny
i can tell that Er¡c Johnson's first video is very interesting and eye opener as someone stated.

Another one that i like is Greg Martin's Video - his tone is very cool! :dude

Does anybody own Arlen Roth's Chicago Blues videos?

led zep fan

Banned
My comment in my post about the half slide/half regular playing is about the first vid. In this vid he plays with his solo band. The second vid features more slide, acoustic work and a great Mule performance.

kingsleyd

greeny said:
i can tell that Er¡c Johnson's first video is very interesting and eye opener as someone stated.

For just listening to and watching the guy play, EJ's first instructional video is better than any of his records. :wow

And the sound is really good as well, unlike the second one. (which was a 2-vid set)

jakeddy

A friend of mine gave me passes to go to an Erick Johnson guitar clinic and I got snowed in. I would have gotten to go for free. :dead:

nemo

I second the Setzer.
I never knew he was so proficient at mixing styles. That and he's funny.

rugier

the one that i like the most is jeff berlin's bass video. there are some good pointers for all instruments there.

Paul Les

I 2nd the Brent mason vid!Very casual,like a mate sitting around swapping licks.............except............he`s AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!Check out his 5 fingers of death playing style(my words!)Man is he hot or what?