• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

pickups es 335 dot custom shop

josepc

pickups es 335 dot custom shop

Please someone is owned a '84 335 dot custom shop?
I own a 335 dot 1984 custom shop.My luthier replaced the original pickups with '57 classic reedition PAF's.
I have removed the pickups,and I think that they are no '57 humbuckings reedition.I think that my luthier swindle me.
Can you help me,watching these photos of my original pickups and replaced ?
Thank you very much.
My photos:
http://es.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/josepc64

Bluespower

Les Paul Forum Member
My 57 reissue pickups (out of a '96 LP R8) have a black sticker on the bottom that states its a PAF #.

Those don't look like the ones I have.

Although they may have made others. Is sounds like you have to do some more research......

Can any one else help on this one ..........

Flavum

I'm not positive, but your original pickups might be Shaws (Big Al could identify them at a glance). Shaw pickups are generally quite highly regarded, from what I've read here. You'd be hard pressed to find something that sounds much better. Different, yes, but not neccesarily better.

Not sure about the replacement pickups. The sticker on one looks like a reissue PAF sticker, but that's just a guess.

Flamed93+

Banned
Yep...those are Shaws. Here's a pic of mine (82-335).

Classic 57 pickups don't have Gibson USA stamped in the bottom, nor do they have plastic jacketed lead wire. They should have a braided jacket.