• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

scope this Marshall description!

jgyn

So I'm leafing through the November Vanity Fair issue when I come across 'The Rock Snob's Dictionary' with an entry on Marshalls:

"Marshall stack: Monstrous amplification system designed to put out massive guitar sound from a proscenium, and, quite possibly, to make up for musicians' penile shortcomings. The Marshall stack is built from numerous rows of squat amplifiers sitting atop four-speaker cabinets, each black fronted component bearing the scrolled 'Marshall' logo. Designed in 1962 by Englishman Jim Marshall to provide rock guitarists with dirty tone and devilish torque, the stack has served the Rock God needs of everyone from Jimi Hendrix and Pete Townsend to Van Halen and Guns N'Roses. 'In my fantasies I am Slash, a screaming croud before me and a Marshall stack behind me'."

K

kitty

well, I have two full stacks and have no penis at all - what's up with that?

Ed Rafalko

Les Paul Forum Member
F**K that, my rig is 10 cabs wide and 1000 watts strong, I'm John F**king holmes.:lolspin

Rich (via Ed's computer)

Last edited:

Tonefiend

Fiendish One
I run a measely 50 watt and a 2X12. Need I say more?

-John Holmes II-
:eek

cold_lump

i have a marshall jcm slash head. its 100 or 50 watt switchable, depending on what mood im in, hard rock or soft. it has 2 channels clean and dirty. and if i pull the gain knob its crunch. maybe there is some direct relation here.........