• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

#81 Has Arrived

todd richman

My newest child arrived via the FedEx guy from Wildwood Guitars last night(Thursday). GR 081 is incredible. Murphy really outdid himself on this one. The neck is just perfect and feels like a real Burst. The color and aging is amazing. This top is subtley (is that a word) flamed, moreso on the treble side than the bass. The forearm wear and all the headstock and back aging is just perfecto! I will try to get photos up of this baby and all my other children (7) soon! If you do not have one of these yet, get one now! Steve Mesple said that this is the best one yet, I wholeheartedly agree!!! Whew!!!!!!

Gazza

Sir Gazzalot
Steve's always got the best new wood! I look foward to your pictures.

todd richman

Thanks Gazza. I will try to get all 8 gtrs up soon. You know the guitar even smells old- I do not know how Murphy does it. I mean he repainted several tops for me before but this is amazing. The smell is that musty old Gibson smell- kinda reminds me of the smell of the 1961 SG/Les Paul Junior that I had and sold...

burst59

GR#081

Congratulations Todd ,you'll be very happy with your Rossington, I have GR#013 and was blown away when I got mine . I got mine from Steve to. what are they selling for now ?

burstman59

I know what you mean man. I've had mine since Oct. and it gets better everyday. The smell is not as strong but it smells exactly like my 64 firebird V. I dont know what he/ or Gibson did but I've never seen a Historic that looked so convincing and even smelled like the real thing.

Last edited:

todd richman

Thanks, I actually ordered another one today. Can't wait. In fact I am giving up 2 1998 R8's refinned by "you know who" to get this as well as a Dicky Betts Goldtop- very low number. Once I have the new axes in hand, you can email me and I will tell where the "you know who" refinns are, that is if you don't figure it out by then. I also sold my 2001 R9, nice top but not so nice thin neck and small frets- traded with a friend for a Y2K limited signed edition of the Yokam J-180 with double torti guards and very flamey back and sides. Now I have a 2001 Authentic R8, 2 2002 Authentic R8's, a Betts Goldy, and 2 Rossingtons plus the acoustic- I am diversifying- no more 7 bursts! Imagine if the Fender(boo hoo hoo!) bug starts to bite again...? I talked to "you know who" today about the smell and apparently it has to do with some kind of oils he used in the aging mixing with the lacquer. Smells like vintage spirit! Actually smells like he took some old socks and stuffed them in the case!!!!

todd richman

Thanks again Gazza. I can't wait for the 2nd GR and the Goldie! Now I have to order the Ultracase GSX-6 guitar stand for $449.00. Whew, I am out of money so quickly!!!! Also, has anyone used Don Butler of Tone-Man for amp mods- I want to get the Bradshaw Crunch Mod pulled out of my 100 plexi reissue and have Don put all vintage spec components in it as well as the Mercury Magnetics Transformer and choke. I also want to go with NOS telefunken or mullard 12ax7's and either Mullard or Siemens EL-34's.

SBlue

Hi Todd!!!
You've got some nice guitars!!!! Put me on the list for the GR # 093 also. I couldn't resist after playing one...
Don Butler is great! He worked on every amp I have. Both for just replacing filter caps and bringing the amps back to the original condition. His price is fair(read not expensive!!!) and his services are just perfect! Couldn't get any better.
Post a reply for when you get the amp back and let us know how you like it.
Take care!!!
SBlue

bert

hey Todd !!

if you're interested, i've got a dickey goldie for sale
ser. # 010 !!

grtz bert :wow