• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

18w up & running. well,1/2 of it.

brucem

hi guys,
after rewireing the input jacks correctly. the normal channel is working. and like Ed R, the trem channel is dead.
i used a 150/7w res on the cathode's & tesla 84's & get 12v at cathode's. i had some orange drops so i used them.
played it through a 1/12 boogie w/celestion 90w & sounds very good ! i think i'll have to play it through an efficent spkr. to maximize the headroom for my needs but from what i've heard i think this'll work.
still have to tweek the lead dress alittle & find out what's wrong with the trem channel but so far this was alot of fun.
aside from the obvious, any ideas about the dead trem side ?
Ed R let me know how you make out.
brucem

NewOldCokeDave

Very Cool.. I'm working on #2. Double check those grounds. You did get my updates correct?? there have been some posted here and I think I sent you an email with a list of issues that have been uncovered along the way..

No ideas on the trem channel, maybe you could post some pics? I'll be more than happy to take a look at it..

-NOCD

brucem

simple fix

why is it that you allways miss the obvious ?
i had the plate & grid crossed on v3b. cleaned up the lead dress & shielded the input jack leads. everything works now. plus it's as quiet as a mouse.
spent the afternoon trying different speaker combo's.
1/12 boogie cel90, 2/12 openback marshall w/v30's,
2/12 marshall closeback w/75's & 2/10 weber c10q open.
decided to go w/a 1/12 combo cabinet. calling Armadillo tomorrow.

my strats, tele's & andersons all sound GREAT through this 18w.
BUT, was blown away with how my lp heritage 80 elite w/shaws
& the '69 335 sounds.
i'm bad at discribing sound so let me say, WOW!!!!!
it's gonna be fun playin through this !

Dave, thank you one more time for putting this together for us.
youdaman,
brucem

Graydon

Humbuckers w/ 18w

Hey,

I agree with that one. The 18w sounds good with Strats and other single coil guitars, but it really screams when you run a humbucker through it. I heard a guy play my 18w over the weekend with a Peavey Wolfgang with fixed bridge and humbuckers. It was pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Glad you got your 18w-clone working.

Later,
Graydon Stuckey

My 18w clone